1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you confident in your looks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

As someone who isn't very confident with the way he looks, I give a lot credit / am jealous of people who are so confident. Cockiness or arrogance is a complete turn-off for me, but I know many people are attracted to confidence and it's something I wish I had.

I've had quite a few people tell me I'm good looking, but I look in the mirror and don't see it, which sucks. I'm not saying I'm ugly, but personally, I think I'm average at best. This usually causes me to be hesitant about pursuing relationships.

Are you confident in the way you look? If so, what makes you confident? If not, what makes you lack confidence? I would love to hear what you all have to say.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel the exact same way. I feel like whenever I do receive a compliment, it's one of those white lies that people say just to be polite and not hurt my feelings. I look in the mirror and I see everything that's wrong with my body and my face. Maybe how I perceive myself in the mirror is how others perceive me, but they're just used to me looking like that. Insecurities are the worst.

So am I confident in general? Not at all. I've been looking at the mirror lately and just struggling with what I see. I hate it so much.

Am I calling myself ugly? No... maybe. I don't know.

The days that I do feel good about myself are the days when I dress up. When I put on dress shirts and slacks and do my hair a certain way, I can look in the mirror and appreciate how different and attractive I look.

I also feel like I need.. validation, which is something I'm trying to get over.

I envy the confident and arrogant people who are also very attractive. I'd love to feel that sense of security when it comes to personal attractiveness.

#2 Steve FS, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. guitar

I know I'm not completely ugly and have an okay build so as not to be completely hideous, but no, I'm not terribly confident in the way I look. Granted, if I looked like Ryan Reynolds I still probably wouldn't feel confident either, sooo... :|

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, no. Give me 10 years and perhaps that will change.

Tis the trans way.

Most of my confidence comes from my mind, which is far superior to my physical body.

5. lettuce

Ever since I started HRT I've felt better and better about the way I look. In fact, today was the first time I've ever looked in a mirror without either of us being shattered :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm not quite at the point where I can admit that I might possibly be attractive to other people, but at least now I feel like that will be possible at some point.

6. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Years of bullying and constantly being put down have led to me being unable to leave the house some days due to being so self-conscious about my looks. It's slowly getting better, my best is four days without incident.

Maybe that's why I like the clown getup so much...Hm. Have to think about that one.

7. Nikky DoUrden

im confident that im not good looking!
    i AM surprised though that ppl who DO look good feel that they're not, like some of my friends and even the two ppl who responded in this thread with a picture ARE good looking maybe i should put my own picture so ppl have perspective :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BatQueen

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a really interesting thread, to look at how people view themselves.
    I myself do not find myself terribly attractive, but I also know that my view of myself is skewed, and messed up. I think we see ourselves different from how other people see us.
    Anyway, norms are nauseating, and society's idea of beauty is tampered.
    You all are beautiful just as you are.

9. Petal

I have very little confidence in my looks. I have never felt that I am very attractive. I would really love to have some confidence in my appearance. If anyone has any idea whee to get some... I am all ears...

10. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I am not confident in my looks. I have been called ugly all my life. I don't even look in the mirror anymore, it just makes me depressed. When I go out, which is rarely, I keep my hood up and face down. I have pretty much accepted the fact that I will never have a boyfriend.

It really sucks being ugly.

11. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have confidence in my looks. I don't think I'm hideous or anything, but I also wouldn't believe someone saying they think I'm good-looking either. I don't take compliments well anyway.

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uuuh, yes and no? I know there are people out there into my looks, which does factor into my confidence, even if that isn't what I hinge it on. My personal opinion of how I look, filtered through my tastes, is irrelevant. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna marry myself. I just need to find people more into me than I am, and, in a world with 7.125 billion people, that isn't as hard as some make it out to be.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could look better but going through puberty and getting older do not help.

That is why I'm having treatments and hopefully surgery. But I do carry and present myself in an attractive way I hope. And people here call me cute. So. There's that.

14. zeecoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always been told I look "cute" and look good etc. I have 3 brothers and ive been picked out for the way I look among my brothers a few times. im really only average looking. but i guess im just not really ugly?

I feel like im naturally a nice looking person but only get that full confidence in my looks when i feel good.

I feel like my face annoys some people tho. i dnno why.,

#14 zeecoop, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
  15. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No; I look in the mirror and everything I see is wrong. Maybe when I'm able to actually transition and pass for a guy, maybe I'll be more confident, but not right now. [​IMG]

16. KoffeeMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes and No. I'm not a person who takes pride in how I look, nor do I like how I look, but whenever someone tells me that I at least look nice or 'cute', I gain confidence and then I wait for that to build. It still fades time to time, but it'll come back in a day. I know I still have a long way to go before I reach the age where I at least look good.

17. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm confident. One of the reasons being is that not everyone is going to find you attractive no matter how much effort you put in, so if you make the effort you want and are comfortable in then someone might like you, and if not, then their loss and you'll meet someone who does like you.

18. Ihavetojustbeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

God no! I have times where I look in the mirror and think "Damn, I'm hot," but those are few and far between. I hate the way I look. I'm not a bad looking person, but I still don't like myself.

20. Reby

Reby Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    This. I couldn't have explained it better myself.