1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This boy...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookreader, Dec 2, 2015.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I need to let this out. I feel like I shouldn't have told him that it's better if we remain friends. I just need to talk to him tomorrow and get this sorted out because it's been on my mind since this weekend. I also feel like I sort of rejected him in a way. Maybe we can be friends that flirt with each other. I don't know, honesty I hope I get this figured out.

2. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've just read through this whole thread. Why don't you tell him how you truly feel? Yes you confessed, but say that you really like/love him and want to be with him. He did say that he sort of felt that way towards you too, so there's definitely something there. I think someone said before that rather than become full on bfs you could just stay as friends with benefits? But definitely tell him how you feel, things like this should be talked through and not brushed under the carpet. I wish you luck:thumbsup:

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got the sense that you told him it would be better if you remained friends because you felt it would be best because of his father, rather than because that's how you feel about him. If this is correct, it would be better for you to tell him how you feel and then you can figure things out together: "I know that I told you the other day that I wanted to be friends. I did this because I was concerned about how your dad might react. The truth is I think you are really cute, and I really like you. I'd like to date you <or whatever you feel comfortable with> - do you think this might work?".

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sienna, you are totally right. That's why I told him that. But also, I think the both of us aren't ready for a relationship. I never gave him the chance to say what he wanted to say. To the poster above Sienna, we are 14 yrs old, way too young for FWB. Let's keep it PG - PG-13 here.

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    bookreader,

If you maintain open and honest communication with your friend, you are doing the right thing here. I will say that you are demonstrating remarkable maturity and thoughtfulness in your handling of the situation, so you may be more ready for a relationship than you realize. I understand there are probably other factors influencing your decision.

Good luck tomorrow!

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. I'm gonna hop in the shower and get some rest, goodnight EC.

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wish me luck, today. I know I can do it.

8. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck! We know you can do it. :slight_smile:. Let us know how it goes.

9. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: He says he doesn't know when he started liking me. I'm just gonna let this go because: a) he probably has his feelings guarded up b) I don't wanna keep talking about this and c) Maybe there'll still be a spark as we get older

11. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay. Don't let it go. That will definitely send the wrong message. I understand it's difficult. However, don't let your first chance at a spark and a potentially good relationship slip away.

A. If his feelings were guarded up. He would not have admitted he likes you. Granted he may still feel self-conscious, like you possibly feel, but that's to be expected in any young relationship.

B. If you really do want to quit talking about this. Okay. But know this, I feel that if you just let it go. You may regret it. And wonder what could have been.

C. Well, maybe there won't. Listen, this is a lesson that's better learned at an early age. With the passage of time, feelings can also pass. That's why after so long, people get over things others have done. Emotions. Breakups. Heartache. And even good things too.

Yes there may be a spark now, and there may be a spark later. But sparks are temporary. Metaphorically and literally. It takes care and help for that spark to ignite something truly wonderful.

Don't let those feelings fissile out because of nerves. Please. I urge you to strongly consider what I have said. okay?

12. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I will. It's just that I don't want this friendship to revolve around the feelings the both of us have. Also, he might get annoyed if I keep talking about our feelings. Personally, I think we're too young for a relationship. You know what, I'll tell him what I have to say.

13. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not following the logic here. Why does his saying that he doesn't know when he started liking you cause you to let this go? I agree with MtnFr3sh that you may want to reconsider letting this go.

#73 SiennaFire, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  14. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, maybe you guys are right. OMG. I just realized something. My horoscope had told me not to give up on something or I'll regret it. That possibly means to not give up on Jackson!

15. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah good luck bro!!

16. ANerdWhoCares

I think there's a way to make this all work out, but my little "master plan" revolves around one minor detail; are you out to your family? Just you, out to your parents? Your answer will affect whether or not this plan will work. :/

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not out to my parents. If I do come out, they'll be okay with it.
    I didn't really talk to Jackson that much today. I'll try tomorrow, I guess.

18. ANerdWhoCares

Try to at least come out to immediate family, trust me when i say it will make everything else easier. :slight_smile:

19. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm good, thanks for the advice Nothing much happened except he tried to scare me from behind. Tbh, he's the last thing on my mind, right now, because I have finals tomorrow, and I'm focusing on that at the moment.

20. KingdomKeyDK

Trust me when I say, if he's casually flirting with you, GO FOR IT. However, by all means, do focus on finals (the death of me by the way), but once that's over and done with, just ask him out one day. Just for like lunch or something. Something very simple. Trust me, if he's sending you signals like he does, then he MUST have a crush on you. If not, then just let him know how you feel. Maybe he would be up for it. If you guys are already close like you say you are, then developing the next step shouldn't be that difficult. But if you cherish what you have now with him, try not to risk it if it means a lot to you. If it DOES works out though, let me know. :slight_smile: