1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a gender therapist...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MissMook, Dec 1, 2015.

1. MissMook

So I've thought about this for a while and I've decided I want to move further into my transition and get HRT. My family is supportive of this and I know deep down that the beautiful woman within me is just waiting to be released. I've read that I need the permission of a gender therapist before I could get it though, also it's overall recommended I go see one anyway.

I live in the US and the deadline for health insurance is fast approaching. I wanted to look into one that would cover gender therapy visits and also HRT.

So far, I like what Aetna has to offer and one particular therapist I'm looking into also happens to accept that insurance.

Any thoughts, contributions, or words of advice on the matter? ^___^

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear Aetna is good, and I heard people getting transition related things covered with Kaiser.

3. Jellal

Is Kaiser back yet?

4. MissMook

I don't think the therapist I found accepts that insurance, but I'll look into Kaiser anyway to see if they cover things that Aetna doesn't.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your therapist doesn't accept insurance (the ones I've gone to don't either or were in the works of adding it), and I was able to work with them on a sliding scale; with $25 being the cheapest and $40 being the most expensive. See if this is possible for you if you can afford to unless you're fine with waiting on finding an insurance company that will work with you.

6. MissMook

I'll do some more research and weigh my options. Thanks for the input. ^__^