1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my virginity today - biggest mistake EVER

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Aptiva, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexually graphic post ahead! I need to describe it because I'm soooo dead, and I'm panicking like hell.

I was an uber idiot today, I was so turned on that I went cruising in a bathroom at a local park. Someone came in, and we did the deed. I'm kicking myself, so badly, I wish I could turn back time. I'm panicking because there was no use of condoms, and even though I wasn't inside him for very long (or even very far) and he didn't suck me very long I'm scared shitless that my idiocy got me an STD. I'm at home, and I washed the living hell out of myself. I'm going to soak in the tub, to calm my nerves. That probably won't help considering the malevolent nature of STDs. I am so done, I swear I'm done, done, done. I've wrecked my life before it even started. Oh my god.

It was absolutely disgusting and I regret it 100%. Besides getting tested, what else can I do?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Aptiva,

It is a good thing that you understand that was a mistake, and that you are getting tested as soon as possible.

For now, what you can do is calm down. It is very important to get tested, but as it happened only once, then the chance that you got something isn't extremely high.

That, of course, isn't an excuse to do it again. Take care and use condoms, always.
    Repeating myself, for peace of mind and precaution, get tested as soon as possible. But, for now, calm down and don't panic.

Talk to us, it may help to calm down :slight_smile:

3. Distant Echo

Accept that we have all done stupid things. We've all done things we regret.
    Learn and know to never do it again. Use condoms.

4. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so scared, I haven't stopped crying for the past couple of hours. I just can't believe I messed up my life this badly. I never thought it would happen to me, I thought I was smarter than that. I was wrong. My libido got the better of me. I can't tell you just how hopeless I feel.

I just wish I could forget it, go past it. Pretend it never happened. I'm hopeful that I was lucky, I never penetrated him very deep and he sucked me first. He never gave it to me, I was the one doing the giving. I also never came inside him, as a matter of fact I don't think there could've been a lot of fluid transfer during the anal sex, but anything's possible, and that's why I'm freaking out as badly as I am. I wish I could calm down, but I can't. I just can't.

I feel so hopeless, so helpless. I can't believe that I messed up my life this badly. I'm optimistic that I'll test clean, but it's such a long process, and I know very well that I may test positive. If I do, I'm over. I wish there was something I could do, but there isn't.

Please, I need reassurance. I'm so scared right now, so scared I can't explain just how scared I am.

5. Etak

Hey. I have no experience in this area at all, but I do know something. I know that no matter what happens, it will be ok. If you have an STD, you will deal with it. You are not going to die. You are ok. This too shall pass.

Everyone does stupid things. This does not define you. Sometimes you have to make a mistake to learn the lesson, and I think you've learned the lesson.

This isn't the end of the world, your life, or anything except you having unprotected sex. You will be ok.

6. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Aptiva, I'm sorry you lost your virginity this way, but it isn't the end of your life. Get tested for sure and learn from this mistake.

I think the fact you lost control to the point of putting yourself in danger has shaken you up the most. As you found out, it's not worth it. I've been told by gay male friends that casual sex for the sake of sex is not all it's cracked up to be. These types of cruising encounters always made them feel like crap afterwards.

Good luck.

7. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm just so scared of everything. My potentially shortened life span, having to tell my parents, waiting for the results. I have no job so I cannot buy the medication. Until I get my results for the tests, I will be extremely unhappy. I feel so hopeless I can't do anything. I can't believe this is real. I wish I had been successful in my previous suicide attempt.

8. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Again, i cannot say that there aren't any risks, because unprotected sex with a stranger is a risky activity. However, in your favour, you only did this once, and you were the one topping (the risks for top are lower than for bottom).

Considering that, you are probably fine, so don't worry too much. Get tested, and absolutely use condoms next time, but i think you are probably fine, so be optimistic.

Keep talking to us. As i said, it will help you to calm down, i think :slight_smile:

9. Etak

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. No STD that you get could hurt you as much as that would. Just breathe. Yes, there are potentially horrible consequences to what you did. However, the chances of any of those things happening are fairly slim.

Do you know where you can go to get testing for STDs?

10. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so mentally fucked up right now. Like I had accidentally killed my mother. I haven't stopped crying since I got home 3 hours ago. I'm so scared it's unbelievable. I've never been so scared in my life.

It's comforting to know that because I was topping, the risks are generally lower, but it doesn't mean they're gone completely. It's also helpful to know that the "sex" that I did have wasn't really full-on, but I know it's still possible.

11. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

You are in a panic zone right now Aptiva which is a hard place to be. Is there some way you can break the spell of this obsessive thinking and move yourself out of this panic zone prison?

If not...

Can you go to a friend's or share this with your brother who knows you are gay? ... someone who will just hold you and tell you you are OK and everything will be all right.

12. Really

Aptiva,

Please try not to worry before you need to. Get tested and wait for the results. You can't do anything right this minute anyways.

Also, do a search here for Chip's posts using the keyword "infected". I can't remember which thread it was but he explains very clearly what you can expect. It will put your mind at ease.

As for paying for medication. We don't pay. Remember? Provincial healthcare pays. I am self employed and on the rare occasion when I did have to pay for a prescription, it was never more than $10.

13. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is nothing that can put me at ease right now, I don't think. I can't tell anyone I know personally. It's too difficult. I've been doing some research and asking around a little bit and I think I'll probably test negative for HIV considering my circumstances but I know there's that possibility. It's HIV I'm most worried about. I just need time, I guess. But I'm not sure that will help or not.

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2015 at 07:51 PM ----------

I guess I won't have any issues getting tested. I'm very scared for the testing processes, and I know I will undergo several of them over a period of a few months. I hate time, I hate waiting. I can't help but worry. I just wish it weren't like this.

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2015 at 08:19 PM ----------

I have a question: Can I go to a hospital right now, when all the clinics are closed to speak to a doctor there? I'm very scared and I need to talk to a medical professional right now, because I'm just getting so incredibly antsy right now.

#13 Aptiva, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  14. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is going to sound weird and gross, but after I finished penetrating the guy, I came (not in him). Do you think that could possibly decrease the risk of me contracting HIV?

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2015 at 09:16 PM ----------

But HIV is a permanent problem. If it turns out that I really do have it, I'm done.

#14 Aptiva, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. HIV can be treated very easily especially if it is caught early. People are living normally for a regular lifespan after infection.

2. Just because you are getting tested should not indicate to anyone you are being irresponsible. In fact, quite the opposite. My ex and I got tested twice while we were together, and we had used condoms.

3. You realized your mistake. You know now what to do next time. The fact that you take this seriously bodes well for your well-being.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The likelihood you got HIV in this one-time encounter, where you were topping, is very close to zero. Nothing you describe sounds like there was any appreciable risk. In order for there to be significant risk,

1. He would have to be HIV+
    2. He would have to have a high viral load
    And most important:
    3. You would have had to make blood or mucosal contact with his blood or semen

So even if he is positive, which you have no way of knowing, there's still almost no way, from what you describe, that you came in contact with his blood or semen.

I would still get tested after 30 days to be sure, but the chance of infection is so low as to be almost zero. Just take this as your one 'get out of jail free' card and don't repeat the mistake.

17. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar experience, lost my virginity without using a condom, was awkwardly fine after that but then had a dream where I was told I had AIDS and totally freaked out. I did as many research as I could about AIDS before getting tested and everything I found was reassuring. First the chances of getting AIDS even with someone having the virus are low, then with the Medecine and the technology nowadays AIDS would litterally only shorten your life span of a year ( if you consider that the average age of death is 80 were I live) and that you could basically have a pretty normal life if you keep your viral load at zero (when your viral load is at zero you normally CANNOT transmit the virus). I was also scared about different things since I am woman (such as pregnancy and stuff but also noticed that it would be all possible as long as my viral load was low).

So after reading all of this and having those infos confirmed by a doctor I was much less freaked out and much more comfortable idea of having a positive result come back. I still arrived at my test day, sure that I had HIV which slightly amused whoever did the test but thankfully the result was negative.

I know realize that the stress of having to go through that again is NOT worth a bit of fun without condoms but the knowledge have gained through this experience have been a blessing as I have realized that AIDS isn't as terrible as people paint it out to be and that I would still have more chances of dying in a car crash during my life span than from the actual consequences of AIDS.

So I would take a deep breathe and relax, you didn't destroy your life, you made a mistake that a lot of us have been guilty off. You can always talk with a doctor who could give you an heavy preventive treatment if he thinks you are genuinely at risk to reduce even more the chances of you having AIDS. I know for the actual test they ask you to wait for three months after your last unprotected sexual encounters as it's when your viral load (or something along those lines) would start to change and when doctors would be able to detect the virus. The test personally took a second and I had the result about twenty (long) minutes later.

Don't beat yourself up since there is nothing you can do now but wait, instead try and turn this experience as something positive and informative for the future. :slight_smile:

Good luck and keep us updated (but I am sure you are only going to be given good news ! :wink: ) (*hug*)

18. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of the earliest symptoms of HIV are flu-like symptoms (runny nose, throat, chills, etc) and they're supposed to appear a couple weeks after exposure, but I'm having the chills and the runs the day after. It's probably because I'm so panicky, right? I am super anxious, and that was probably making me feel sick.

Also, what's a viral load?

19. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A viral load is : '' a measure of the number of viral particles present in an organism or environment, especially the number of HIV viruses in the bloodstream.''

There is NO WAY you would feel HIV symptoms today nor tomorrow. You are just freaking out so your brain is trying to find symptoms to prove to itself that you are indeed affected by the virus.
    Take a deep breathe and relax, the chance of you having it are extremely low.

#19 Lin1, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  20. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I figured I was just panicking. I'm still panicking, I'm so consumed by the thought of having it. It's going to be horrible waiting for the test, and then again waiting for the results. No matter what I see that is comforting (and yes, I did a bunch of research and it seems that my chances really are pretty low) it will only comfort me for a minute, then it's back to panic mode.