1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting with strangers >_>

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrSecret, Nov 23, 2015.

1. iiimee

Shh, it's not stalking if you enjoy the food there... If you don't... well, no shame in stalking a crush, as long as you don't go to an extreme! ^_^ Oh- if you do, who cares? Fingers crossed! (&&&)

2. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually stayed for a nice hour and a half just reading fairy tales. I love fairy tales and want to get back into reading, so even if he isn't there, I still get something out of it.

To be honest, there wasn't much I could say to him without being obvious. He was just wearing a striped shirt, so I couldn't say anything about that, best I could come up with is he had a necklace. But it was a really simple one and if I had said "Cool necklace" it would still be way obvious as it was small meaning it wouldn't have been as subtle as complimenting a shirt or more exotic piece of jewelry. So I would have probably chickened out anyway haha.

Fingers crossed for Friday, I plan on going in the morning this time, hopefully not as busy and his shift doesn't end. I really need to try and figure out his schedule and work times, that would makes things way easier. It seems to be very flexible though as he was working today but another time I came on a Wednesday he wasn't.

3. Zalias

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A guy who I'm crushing on, who is pretty much engaged, likes to wink at me because he knows I have a crush on him. He's a friendly flirter and does it with everyone, still I died a little every time he did it. I eventually politely asked him to stop.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2015 at 01:24 AM ----------

Good luck and keep us updated Mr! :goodluck:

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck on Friday, this time! And figuring out his schedule too-that'll make everything much easier. Cheering you on! (!)(!)(!)

5. iiimee

Trust me, people are oblivious. If it's only slightly obvious, he probably won't notice it. It's not like you have to give him your number day 1, but after a few conversations he'll probably open up to you more so it would be good to ask then.
    Going in the morning sounds smart. Like, a thing I do when I see a cashier that's not working is walk up to them (making not to be directly in front of the register in case somebody walks up to order) and say something like "I see you working here all the time- what's it like?" or "I see you working here a lot- since I'm a regular costumer, I figured I might as well try to get to know you."
    Sometimes I get a weird look at first, and sometimes people are just friendly with me, but regardless I just act friendly through the conversation and start asking them different questions, if they don't bring up a topic themselves. I'm a natural speaker of course, but doing this a few times is a fast way to create friends. It'll also make it less awkward when you ask for his number so you guys can "talk or hangout" (which you will do, in whatever words you like). Just more advice, coming from the great Chase! ^_^

6. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a quick update. He wasn't there when I went, which was twice, once in the morning, once in the afternoon (Though this might be because of Thanksgiving) TBH I might stop trying. I mean realistically, there probably wasn't much of a chance for me anyway. Ugh, this bites. I don't want to give up completely right away, but I start my new job soon so I don't know if I will have the chance to go there as often as I normally would.

I don't even know his name so I can't even stalk him online. If I never get a chance to talk to him and then he's let go in the spring I have a feeling he'll be my first one that got away.

7. trojan

Having this same problem. My crush is working when I see him. sometimes I think we make eye contact; well, lets say we are making eye contact. we do sometimes. but then other times he acts like Im not there. But the reality of it is he has customers, and a job, and yea-he cant stand there flirting and making eye contact whenever I come in there.
    I have gotten to the point where we make conversation when he comes over to me, I just havent had a chance to see him outside of work.
    this thread has good ideas though. I have to create a different environment and ask him to go do something rather than just occasional eye contact where he works. I subscribed to this thread, interested in other peoples ideas.
    Yes, I agree, you must make more effort than just flirting with him at work if you want it to go anywhere.

8. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just wanted to give a sad update. I've been again multiple times and I haven't seen him since that Wednesday last week, so this means either A) I have extremely bad timing, or B) He doesn't work there anymore. Now with my job, having a nice reading session and having lunch or whatever is really hard. So my own schedule conflicts with trying to see him making things 10X more difficult.

If he really DID quit, it was a nice crush while it lasted. If it's just because the gods of timing are against me, I should probably just stop trying. I work six hour shifts and they're probably gonna continue to conflict with his.

Why couldn't I get a job there instead, then I would know and get a chance to talk with him...