1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Enjoy Power Outages?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Nov 22, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like them because it brings about a change of pace, and makes you examine things differently. So long as they don't last more than a few days so that my food stays OK in the fridge, I'm fine with them. I just go and get some ice to keep the fridge cold, and light candles, which always makes for a romantic setting. And, it gives us an excuse to go out, if we feel like it...providing the place were going to has power.

I fact, I like the element of chaos and disruption they create, albeit in their rather quiet way.

I've had a good number while at home, but the ones at work are even more fun, and once, it went out at the train station, which was kinda cool, to see all the big screens all go suddenly dark, and be among so many people in the dim light. Added a bit of excitement.

So yes, I like a good power outage.

2. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like them. It reminds me of when I was a kid. We used to sit around the wood stove and read or do puzzles. I always loved listening to the storm outside (which was always the cause of the power outage). We don't have a wood stove, but now we will gather around the table with a lantern and hot cocoa and do 'family' things.

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm at work? Love em! If I'm home? HATE em... Cause I honestly live attached to my electronics... I'd get so bored soooo quick....

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as it doesn't happen in the summer it's fine.

5. Nikky DoUrden

I actually agree BUT (and thats a big but!!!!!! phrasing!) only if u have a family/bf/gf to be with and maybe cuddle with.
    otherwise, a big no :X

6. Aviator182

As long as you don't have to get any work to complete they can be fun. It does make you think how dependent we are on electricity and modern conveniences.

7. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I do enjoy being forced to do something other than watch tv and be on my computer. I could obviously do that without a power outage, but honestly, how often is that gonna happen?