1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any scars and what's the story behind them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elliiexriley, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Oh, I also have a scar on the retina of my right eye that means that I have a kind of really tiny squiggle of nothingness (that looks like light) in the centre of my vision.

2. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a lot of self-inflicted scars on my thighs and arms, but I also have very strange scars that I don't ever remember. The only one I remember is making pizza at 3:30 in the morning and burning my arm badly in the oven.

3. AKindOfMagic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a scar on the bottom of my foot. I stepped on a piece of glass. I didn't even notice that it was that bad a cut I thought I'd just have a sore foot not a scar. And I have a burn on my left hand. I was cooking something and burnt myself. It looks like a guitar.

4. thatchickcj

Most of my scars are from being an absolute cultz.

I have a scar on my right thumb from trying to help my sister set up a game of horseshoes...I missed the peg and hammered my thumb.

I have this big scar on my left wrist about the size of two dimes side to side from trying to make a quesadilla in 7th grade...as you can assume, that didn't turn out quite well.

There's a small one on my left palm from falling badly while I was running two summers ago for cross country conditioning.

And, there's plenty more xD

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a small thin white scar on my right index finger.

One October, when I was about 4-5 years old, I was excited about carving my pumpkin for Halloween. I was bugging mom about it, while she was hanging up wash outside. She finally said, "look, why don't you go inside and get some waxed paper ready to carve them on? I'll be in as soon as I can!"

Cool! I ran inside and went to the drawer where we kept that kind of thing. There were several boxes...waxed paper, tin foil, plastic wrap...that kind of thing. I realized I didn't really know exactly what she meant by "waxed paper" (I was 4-5). I had a thing for tin-foil...it was shiny and pretty. So I decided that must be what she was talking about, LOL.

I went to rip off a piece big enough to put a pumpkin on...and the jagged metal ridge used to tear off pieces ripped into my finger. There was a lot of blood and I was terrified and screamed, and mom came running.

Then when it came time to actually scoop out the pumpkins...I was limited to using my left hand (I was so pissed!). It was the saddest Halloween ever.

Somehow, when you asked to hear the stories behind our scars, I suspect that you were looking for something juicier than this...but it's the best I can do.

6. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The onley one I have is from when I was little, and ran up some sharp concrete stairs while camping, and tripped and one of the steps hit just above my right eye. That was a close one.

7. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let me tell you about my battle scars. >:3 I have a scar on my right eye brow from when I cut it open with a broken plate, then I have one on my left eye's eyelid when I ran into my brother when I had swimming goggles on (I had that one super glued. :grin:) then my newest scar, the one of an epic story! I was setting out the dinner table, but suddenly one of the steak knifes fell! I tried to jerk back, but my hand when down instead. And that's how I got a scar on my right hand. :I

8. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on what kind you are asking about I have some of both the physical and mental kind :slight_smile: I have a scar on my right forearm where I touched the side of the 450 degree oven trying to pull something out. I have one on my right thumb where when opening a can of dog food the lid slipped and cut my thumb. Mentally I am scarred from the first relationship I had nearly destroyed my future from the lies and munipulation of my partner of the time, so ya the exciting life.

9. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I have what looks like a small birthmark on the palm of my left hand, but really it was skin that had been removed because after it was tested by my dermatologist-he found it was cancerous (melanoma).

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got a few scars.

I have dermatillomania, and most of them are from that. In terms of how they got there, one came from a cut I got on some zip ties a few years ago (which is hard to see now), two are from self harm, and the others are from rough housing with my partner's dogs, acne and being clumsy.

#70 Daydreamer1, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  11. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    scars from stitches on my right elbow. i fell down an escalator in Australia thirteen years ago:confused:

12. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started talking to my stepdad today about my skull scar and as it turns out, there is a part that's visible! The indent where it begins is actually visible on the surface apparently. Never would've guessed.

13. candyjiru

A lot of my scars have faded, like from a chemical burn and an oven burn, but I still have a small gash in my head from running in a library as a child (damn you, tomes of knowedge! XD;;; ) and quite a few from sadness ;.;

14. DMark69

I have a few scars from operations but the most memorable one is just above my right eye. After school on my first day of Kindergarten, my mom took my to my dad's motorpool on Ft Carson CO. I was playing in the motorpool and tangled with a concertina wire fence. That resulted in an ER trip.

15. jmccorm4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a scar on my ankle from when I slammed on the brakes and skidded across the road on my dirt bike as a child. The other one on my arm is from carving too hard on a longboard and eating pavement.

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a few random ones from stupid things in the past. The most noticeable ones are chickenpox scars (I apparently had them twice -_-). Then I also have a really long scar from when I fell off my bike and got stitches.

17. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have multiple scars on my back and my right hip. Actualy have no idea where they came from.

18. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My knees are basically scars because I was a clumsy kid. I have a ton of spot scars on my thighs and arms because if I get a tiny sore I just pick at it for weeks. I have a few scars from acne as well because I just have to pick at them.

19. UnendingVoid

A scar that's faded now from an acid burn a while back.
    A scar on my side from a motorbike accident.
    A scar on my hand from compulsive scratching
    A few scars that seem to have disappeared from self harm

20. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have one little line across my upper left arm - I had a kitten when I was younger, and taught him to sit on my shoulder while I walked around. Having a shoulder-kitten was cute and all, but he did get a little too big for it in the end, and eventually fell off, grabbing my arm on the way down and digging his little claws in.

I stopped carrying him on my shoulder after that. I don't know why the cut scarred so permanently!

I also have a little round scar on my right forearm. Boring, that one - a bug bite that healed horrendously because I just don't heal up that well I guess.

This one has since faded almost completely because I got it when I was like 7, but I have one on the front side of my left ankle. It was hailing, I'd left both pairs of my trainers in the pantry, the pantry roof was leaking. I ran in from the (lino'd) kitchen, retrieved pair one. I remembered the second pair, ran in again, ran out and promptly slashed the front of my bare ankle on the corner of the open dishwasher.

...Which is what I get for rushing around so much, I suppose! In my defence, the hail-and-rain covered pantry room floor was very, very cold. I wanted to get onto nice warm carpet as soon as possible!

A few of my scars are complete anomalies - one on my right thumb knuckle, origin a mystery...another on my lower back, also completely unknown. No idea where the heck I got them.