1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any scars and what's the story behind them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elliiexriley, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One from my dog. She bit my leg when I was 7; she had gotten into my dinner and I tried to take it away from her.

One from passing out on the school track this year. I was doing a workout and right after the warm-up, I passed out from dehydration and faceplanted. The material of the track is rough and I scraped myself on impact. On my chest, upper lip, chin, inside of my mouth, knee, and hand had scrape burns, and all the scars went away except for the one on my hand.

#41 Tai, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an appendectomy scar running below my belly button. No real story behind it other than I had my appendix out, but two weeks later I was back in the hospital with Cellulitis in my left leg resulting in a permanently discolored purple and blue lower leg and ankle.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a scar that looks like a Y on my right knee. It happened when I was little, I tripped and fell on my knees, with my right knee landing directly on top of a broken bottle. I remember it not hurting at all, which puzzled me because I had these big chunks of bloody glass sticking out of my knee.

I... Also have pencil lead stuck inside my left palm. I didn't know this was a thing lol.

#43 RawringSnake, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  4. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a scar on my chin. I was riding my bike (following my brother) down some neighborhood where the roads are crazy hills. We weren't supposed to be out that far, but I was doing my best to catch up (I was about 7). I ended up flipping over my handle bars and landing on my chin.. literally scooting down the road on my chin. I had a big flap of skin hanging down. Ended up with some scratches on the bone and 18 stitches. I remember the doctor saying "You will have this scar for the rest of your life, but don't worry girls love scars." Bahaha.

I also have pencil lead stuck in my hand. Got stabbed in 6th grade by a girl who had a crush on me....... yeah. Oh well, I call it my first tattoo.

5. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The tip of my left thumb is missing from a childhood accident.

My left eye is noticeably asymmetrical compared to the right, because of a fractured eye socket and cheekbone.

I have a strange coloured and very smooth patch of skin on my left knee because I fell of my bike onto concrete which scraped the skin of the knee. I don't know why it didn't heal properly.

6. Julietta

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Horribly I have self harm scars on arm, one particularly bad from where I tried to top myself a few years ago (not looking for drama in saying that & am over it now!).

Scar on eyebrow from childhood accident and a large and somewhat worrying looking scar on my upper inner thigh from a childhood bike accident.

It's not nice having scars as I think they would worry anyone who is intimate with me and the one on my thigh looks like something very terrible indeed may have been done to me - I know this must freak people out because I've had sexual relationships with people who have never once even asked how did you get that scar. On reflection it seems if they don't ask, they're making an assumption something bad has happened.

7. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a scar from surgery where they remove my appendix, makes me look tough. I kinda like it and show my friends all the time :grin:

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

That's right, we should form a club.

9. Ihavetojustbeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    scars from my troubled past. :frowning2:

10. Melody31153

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have tons of scars from doing a lot of stupid stuff and being a klutz but my most noticeable one is on my right hand when my mom pored piping hot water on it by accident. I was pissed that she didn't pay attention but I got over it over time. My hand hurt basically the whole day and It was super hard for me to sleep. Anyway my hand healed over time and now it looks like a small little messed up part that didn't heal correctly. To this day it is a constant reminder of how I shouldn't mess with hot objects.
    Also now that I look more at my hands I have more scars on my right than I do my left ...weird.

11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Scar on my knee from where it was caught on chicken wire.

Scar on my elbow because I had a denim jacket that I covered with pin badges. The back came off of one, I leant on the jacket and hey presto :slight_smile:

About 22+ from myself being a gigantic douche.

12. DinelodiiGitli

I have two on my right elbow from breaking it once, a few on my arms from dog training (eh heh), one down the side of my right hand from tripping and rolling down a side walk, and a bunch from other stuff I'd rather not get into.

13. Plattyrex

My father was a drinker and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!" And... why so serious?

No but seriously, I have like 6 scars on my head because I'm like the clumsiest person on the planet. I used to have a barely noticeable self harm scar on my left arm, but it faded away or something. I've also got an almost invisible one on my face from when my brother scratched my cheek.

14. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have no cool scars. I do have a birth mark on my neck, though. Everyone thinks it's a hicky lol.

15. StarlessSky

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I have many scars from self harm. They are quite recent. I am Dyspraxic so I also have lots of scars from falling as a young person. I have 3 scars from dog bites. So yeah I have a few scars...

16. TraceElement

I have 4 scars on my right upper arm from my darker days. I have 2 1/2 inch scars one on each ankle from shaving.

17. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

One on my right kneecap and three on my right hand that have drifted down as I've grown (they used to be over my knuckles). Both times I simply fell over and cut myself so deeply they healed imperfectly.

18. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have quite a large number of scars, as I partake in a lot of needlessly reckless activities, and am just generally accident-prone.

The coolest scar I have is one on my right shin that's shaped like a swordfish! That scar is hands-down my favourite thing about my body :lol:

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Harry Potter if he had Aquaman powers?

20. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a few scars from when I had the chicken pox as a child. Apparently it was a pretty nasty case? Then I have some small ones that I don't have a clue where they came from. Those are the only visible scars that I know of. Buuut I have two that can only be found when touched. One's a little dip in my lower leg from when I had staph infection, I believe. If you touch it, you can feel like a hole in my flesh/muscle or something. Then there's one that I didn't even realize was there until this year. It's a indent (I think it's on my skull?) that goes from my hairline down to about where my eyebrows are (it's not a straight line and the line gets thinner the further down it goes). That's from tripping and falling face first onto the blacktop during recess in first grade, which got a piece of gravel in my head.

Fun times.