1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any scars and what's the story behind them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elliiexriley, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one scar, on my right eyebrow. That was from a cist which was surgically removed.

2. Yosia

- I have one on my finger from where I got shot with an airsoft gun.
    - One or two on my arms from my dark days
    - Couple of burn scars on my hands and arms from my attempts to cook
    - One on my foot and idk what from.

3. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've a recent (past 2 or 3 months) small, self-inflicted on the bone of my left wrist, one on the back of my hand that I've had for as long as I can remember, various ones here and there from cooking burns, on the backs of both of my ankles from my frickin shoes, and various ones as a result of my cats.

4. Papagei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a 3 inch scar running down the front of my right leg from when I dropped a cat as a child. It was nice, too, because I had just been dressed up for some sort of recital at my school and had white tights on. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I also have a scar on my right arm from my own cat (yeah... I don't have the best luck with cats) from when we had to give her a bath. I used to have another scar on my right arm from when my cousin dropped a cup of scalding hot cheese down it when I was 10 or so (ouch), but that one's gone away over the years.

5. Foz

Foz Guest

I did have a few from various motorbike crashes as a teen (what I tried to do was always beyond my capability, but hey if you can do it on the PS2 then you can do it IRL right?) but they only come out if I get sunburned.

I have one from where my appendix was taken out, 5 from where by large intestine was removed, 1 on my scrotum (yes it bloody hurt!), there's a few dots on my spine from lumbar punctures and injecting painkillers into my nerve root and another wee one from a kidney biopsy.

Hm, that's actually quite a lot, I've never thought of it before.

Also I still have part of a pencil lead which has been in my thumb since I was 7, just to add a bit of randomness!

[​IMG]

6. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've had a scar right next to my left eye since I was a toddler. I don't really remember what happened due to being very young at the time so any memory I do have is questionable.

However, I have been told by my family many times what happened so I do have an idea of what the event was like. I was at a party, playing on one of those scooter-things (may have been one of those toy tractors with the pedals, I don't know but I vaguely remember something like that but I don't know if the memory is real or another event entirely) and I must have decided that it was a great idea to pedal down this hill (don't ask, let's face it we all make terrible decisions at that age). Unfortunately, there was a rather sharp wall at the bottom of that hill. I hit something and it threw me forward and I crashed into the wall and cut the left side of my face with my face peeling off just below my left eye. Yeah, I know not a pretty mental image.

Despite the whole skin peeling off my face thing, apparently I was more concerned about the fact I'd scraped my knee a little. :lol: Priorities.

So naturally, someone rang an ambulance and I had to go to hospital. Because I was so young, they didn't want to give me stitches and they were kinda low on hospital equipment/supplies. (Different standard of hospitals back then and all) So they actually used some special type of bandages/tape and super-glue. Yes, super glue. I thought my parents were messing with me when they said that, but it turns out they were actually being serious. The super glue was only to keep the bandages in place temporarily, and as the skin grew back my body sweat the glue off and it sealed up. Again, with the mental imagery. :lol:

Now I just have a dint mark next to my left eye, and whenever I get a tan it tends to really stand out. Apparently I was offered plastic surgery when we went to the hospital, but my parents thought that I'd been through enough as it is and that they'd leave it up to me if I ever wanted it corrected. The offer still stands, but I like my scar. I think it looks cool, and it does make for an interesting conversation starter when people come up to me and ask "what that thing is" on my face. Plus, I actually gained popularity for it once. So yeah, I think it's here to stay. I just don't want to get rid off it, and I don't think I ever will. :slight_smile:

#26 Canterpiece, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  7. Ryu

Ryu

Well I haven't got scars, but I have loads of recent cuts and bruises. It's a shame, I always though scars were cool...

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's funny; I've got two pencil leads an inch apart in my right palm that I got two weeks apart when I was 13, one on my leg that I picked up in art class when two guys started fighting next to me and I got slammed into one of the desks with a pencil in my pocket (when I was 16), and one in my foot that I picked up while moving house and I stepped on a pencil that was on my bedroom floor (when I was 17).

All still stuck in there. Yep. I've since started carrying mechanical pencils instead.

9. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a large scar on my chest. How'd I get it? I fell. :wink:

10. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one in the shape of a half moon from when I slipped on a girl's jacket and fell on the floor in second grade. I also have one from first grade when I fell in the locker room and got a cement burn.

I don't really have a lot of *scars* per se but I do have a lot of little birth marks on my arms and my legs.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I have pencil lead in my hand as well, with a burn mark surrounding that from some medicine I had some kind of allergic rection when I put it on there. I have 2 catscratches, one by my armpit and one right below my left eye, and self harm scars on my left arm that I made one day for no real reason.

12. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Yes, I have four between my ass and my leg, embarrassingly enough.

Five years ago, my dog was still a puppy then. She tore open the floor between where the carpet and hardwood met. Four large nails stuck up between there. My parents didn't feel like fixing it at the time so they just threw a small rug over it and called it a night.

I was chasing the dog throughout the house on a random day in September. I remember my parents weren't home, so my grandpa watched me and my siblings. I stepped on the rug and ended up slipping backwards. The rug went out underneath my feet, and I fell directly on the nails that stuck up. They impaled me. And since I was still slipping with the rug underneath me, they didn't just poke holes in me, oh no, these were giant gashes.

It was by far the worst pain I ever felt in my life. I wouldn't stop screaming, bleeding, and crying. My grandpa had to drive me to the hospital. Once I got there, I remember my doctor telling me my largest gash was almost five inches long. I don't remember how deep the gashes were and I honestly don't want to remember.

Five years later, the scars are still there. They match my skin color now. If I rub my hand around my leg/hip area, I can feel them. The biggest one is only about an inch long now.

My second scar story happened back in June, one day before my birthday, because I was stupid. I was out biking with my friend, when we went to a park a few miles away. I saw a hill and had the great idea of going down it. My friend told me not to and I joked, "You can't tell me what to do!" I began to go down the hill, and halfway there, I noticed there was a ditch in the middle of the hill that I couldn't see before. I knew it was far too late to do anything, so I just accepted my fate. I hit the ditch and went flying. When I hit the bottom of the hill, I had the worst rug burn ever. Mud all over my skin and clothes. My bike was lying on top of me. I stood up, and noticed my leg was bleeding pretty bad.

We planned on going exploring that day, and didn't bring any medical kits, so we just poured some water on my leg and left it. Four months later, the scar is completely flat on my skin (unlike the ones from five years ago), and it's tinted pink. Not much else, though.

13. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have scars that are found on my face. One is located on my right brow (just above the arch). I cut it open when I slipped and hit my head on our granite counter top. The other scar is found on my nose bridge when I slipped (again) and hit my nose on the stairs. It literally broke some pieces off (the stairs were concrete) and it kind of made my nose crooked. It isn't really noticeable until I purposely show it to people by doing silly faces where skin over my nose stretches and it shows how crooked my nose bridge is.

I've got a few on my shoulders from really dark times- a result of self-injury and one on my left leg. Scraped the skin off trying to run away from the "it" while playing tag.

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not that I can think of.

15. COPY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Most are self harm, but I have a chin scar from falling down on a table.

16. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a scarred area at the base of my spine from when I got thrown off a horse and landed on my tailbone on the road. And that was the fantastic day I ripped my pants from flying off a horse!

I have a scar on my thumb from a box cutter incident. That was the day that I learned the importance cutting away from your hand when cutting a box. If I look closely, I can see where the point of the knife got through on the other side of my thumb. Thankfully, my thumb still works.

17. Foz

Foz Guest

Awww what! I thought I was cool for having a pencil lead, now it seems all the cool kids have been stabbed with pencils too! (!)

18. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To many to count. Hahaha. I worked on heavy farm equipment so I've had my share of scrapes, cuts, etc. The three noticeable if you get close are through my left eyebrow about an inch, above that one about two inches, the third about 6 inches down the middle of my forearm. That one if in summer while tanned bothers me. I have had a few questioning looks at it. It was a work accident but looks like I tried to hurt myself.

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a scar on the fold between my thumb and index finger.. I smashed a glass and it bled pretty bad.

I have a scar on my right hand.. I got into a fight when I was 12, fell over and got a piece of rock stuck in my skin.

No more as far as I know.

20. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a long scar that goes from the bottom of my leg to the top from when I had osteosarcoma and they replaced the bones in my leg with titanium ones. I always win the comparing scars game! :eusa_danc