1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any scars and what's the story behind them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elliiexriley, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Elliiexriley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have any scars and what's the story behind them?

I have scars all over from falling out of trees and running into things haha.
    I used to hate them, but hey, they remind me of the awesome childhood I had.
    (unlike those 5 year old kids nowadays staying inside all day with their iphone)

2. aussielefty

I have 2 scares from 2 different open heart operations when I was a kid...
    you can still see those

also used to have a scare from a spinal chord operation a few years ago but that's gone now

used to have heaps of scares from falls on my motor bike when I was a kid ,
    always riding too fast , not landing off a jump or going thru a fence !

3. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have 2 scars from when I had chickenpox as a kid. lol one kinda in between my eyebrows, close to the left one, & another not really noticeable one on my left nostril. Then I have a scar on each knee from one time I fell when I was 3 or 4, & a scar on the left side of my lower stomach that's not really noticeable either, from an operation I did when I was still a newborn. Aaaand I think that's about it.

4. CyanChachki

Most of them are self inflicted from some very bad times during my teen years. A lot of them do have stories and somewhat hold memories through each one. Luckily, memories that have kept me on the road to a better life.

The others.. well, the one on my bottom lip is from a car accident. Coincidentally, I had a hot wheels car in my mouth and somehow chewed one of the wheels off, so that the wire was poking out. My parents had no clue and when the car accident happened, the wire went through my lip.

The one in the middle of my forehead was from the time my family and I where on vacation. I had been spinning on a pillow on the bathroom floor (in our hotel bathroom, with my head on the pillow, back end in the air and running in a clockwise motion) I when I stood up, I fell forward into the edge of the sink.

The one on my pinkie finger, on my right hand was from a snarky dog that I tried to pet. It snatched my hand within seconds.

The one on my left foot is from a jelly fish.

The two on my right hand, just above my thumb are a bit hard to explain. Most people don't believe me when I tell them.

The four on my ring finger and pinkie finger was from me tripping and falling on cheap cement, which pretty much tore up my hand. The ones on my knees are from falling as well.

The one on my right thigh is from a band-aid. I got it when I was 5 and it was how my parents found my adhesive allergy.

The one one above my upper lip and on the right side of my cheek are both from the chicken pox.

Lastly, the large one on my ankle is from a dog that bit me while I was riding my bike.

#4 CyanChachki, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some self-harm scars on my left arm. A small scar under my chin, dead centre, from falling off a trampoline when I was about eight (this one itches when I have allergies or a cold). One on the back of my right hand from a friend's dog. One on my right elbow from an angry ten-year-old boy. One on my left middle finger from getting a little bone tumour removed.

6. Sky82

Lost count of the amount of scars I have lol. My memorable ones are...
    I have one that runs the full length of my thumb but on a diagonal. I had hold of a sharp knife as a kid and my mother panicked and pulled it fast out of my hand, apparently my mother can still remember the feel of it cutting through my thumb.
    Second being down my collarbone from falling off my bike on a downhill trail. Went head first onto a tree and snapped it pretty bad.
    Third bring a knife stab in my leg. I was out clubbing and was a little drunk. Not noticing two people fighting. I got in between at the wrong time and ended up with a blade sticking out my leg. I didn't mind I got carried off by some sexy bouncer :slight_smile:

The rest are a mix of kids being kids....falling over rollerblading, or ofd swings etc....and some from my darker times. But won't go into them, wouldn't want to put a downer on things.

7. Origamidragons

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a little one, T shaped under my lip from hitting myself with a bow and arrow.

There's a longer one along my chin from tripping down some concrete stairs.

Those both happened within a month of each other.

8. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My knees, hip and the left palm of my hand all are scars from me falling down. I was a clumsy kid :grin:

I remember this one time I was running up a street with a bouncy ball. I threw the ball, tried to catch it and fell. I walked the rest of the street crying :grin: When I got to my friend's house, her mom opens the door, goes "wtf" as she sees my hands and knees all covered in blood and starts cleaning it all up.

I was also in a bike accident when I was 10, there was an old man riding his bicycle and we clashed. I flew in the air for like 3meters and crashed violently on the asphalt. Terrible scar on my hip.

And then there are, of course, all of the self-harm scars covering both of my arms.

9. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quite a few scars on my limbs, from chronic eczema and other issues, unfortunately. A few here and there from childhood injuries.

TW/
    Also s/h scars on thighs, from worse times. I can still see them, but I'm glad I'm in a better place now. It's been worth it to recover and get better.

#9 Alder, Nov 16, 2015
  10. Houdini

I have a bigger scar on my lower back from falling on a flower pot when I was about 2-3 years old. A Shard broke off and went into my back (almost hitting the spinal cord). But that's the one I always forget about because I don't see it myself. But in summer while wearing a bikini people keep asking what happened to me.
    And I have a few scars on my left leg. On my knee because I repeatedly was breaking with my knee while rollerskating (without protection). And on my shin because I slid down a concrete block and the sharp corner met my shin... I have plenty others from just being a tomboy when I was younger but can't remember really.

11. setnyx

i have quite a few just plain ordinary scars. i few i don't consider self harm but are self inflicted, trying to prove i could handle more pain than them. i won & have the scars to prove it. a looong time ago. the biggest & most memorable is a c~section from my 1 & only child.

12. YinYang

Man, all you people have scars everywhere and I only have one, and it wasn't even from an accident. I had to have surgery on one of my fallopian tubes, so there's a 4-inch-long scar right over my bladder. I had the surgery when I was 9ish.

#12 YinYang, Nov 16, 2015
  13. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just one that's visible; a thick, v-shaped one on my wrist from a cyst I had to have removed. That I will have to have removed again, because the damn thing grew back. [​IMG]

I used to have one that ran the width of two fingers from an accident while attempting to sheath a sword (yes, really; I was showing off and I missed the sheath), and one on my left elbow when I tried (and failed at) skateboarding when I was 14, but the sword wound is only visible to me (and even then barely), and the skateboarding one isn't visible at all anymore.

#13 ThatBorussenGuy, Nov 16, 2015
  14. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't have any visible scars.
    Just one which has faded away.
    I was riding a bicycle when I was 10, and somehow I fell and had a gash on my knee.

15. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I don't have too many scars. I have one between my left pinky and ring fingers that I don't know where it came from. My mom doesn't even know. It's a phantom scar. Then I have a barely visible scar on my lip from the time I smacked my face onto the corner of a chair. My doctor did an awesome job stitching it though, so you can't see it. And I have five small scars on my abdomen and stomach from my gallbladder removal.

16. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'm surprised by the number of people that have a lot of scars. I only have two small ones myself, one on my hand from when somebody jabbed a pencil through it and a small nail shaped one on my arm from when my mother was falling over and grabbed on to me to stop herself from falling.

17. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one at the very top of my forehead, where my hair starts, from when I had chickenpox.

I also have one a couple of inches to the left of my belly button. No idea where that came from, I'll have to ask my parents if they know.

18. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a few scars on my right arm and leg from when I fell off my bike while mountain biking 10 years ago or so. :/

19. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    7, all from operations of some sort.

20. Jellal

I have a scar on my left shin that I got from biking with my mom this one time. And I have a scar across my left middle finger from a laceration I got when I was cutting down Halloween decorations from a tree with my friend, who also had a pair of scissors. We were cutting them down as quickly as possible and he went in and cut my finger open. I remember screaming at him and calling him "fucking retarded." I regret that I was so angry in the moment and said what I said, but I can recall the event perfectly, and y'know, with the pain I was feeling and how much I was bleeding, I definitely meant what I said in the moment too!