1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading but not posting in the forum?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForNarnia, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Joelouis

I'm guilty of lurking.

I can post on a few subjects though I still find it really hard to discuss my sexuality, mainly because I have literally no experience, so I tend to refrain from contributing to them.

2. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was one of those lurkers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Pterodactyl

I only recently joined but I lurked for a few months before that, and I still don't post a whole ton. In general, when I write I usually add unnecessary details, so on EC my posts become (what I'm afraid people will think is) really long and rambling, which makes me slightly self-conscious. Sometimes I have my 'screw it' moments and actually post, which is nice.

What I find so ironic is that the beauty of forums like EC are safe places in large part due to the anonymity, yet there are still people like me who get self-conscious.

4. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Oh yesyes. The other LGBT forum I'm in has little diversity. It's overpopulated by people of one category and I feel left out.

Here it's more welcoming, brighter, and gives me good answer to questions.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2015 at 09:45 PM ----------

I read and post about equal number of times. In the advice section, I tend to read more because I'm not in the best to place to give advice.