1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Social Justice Warrior Explodes at Yale University Master

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Foz, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Foz

Foz Guest

A Master Yale University sought to speak with a mob who were angry at an email his wife sent basically addressing 'offensive' halloween costumes, it was a pretty reasonable email. This is an except from it -

The protagonist of this PC mob repeatedly claimed that Yale is meant to be a 'safe space' (safe space is synonymous with banning all views but their own), going on to claim that she no longer feels safe because the university wouldn't police costumes, nor could she claim to be proud of Yale because it wouldn't provide her with said safe space.

The master said his job was to create an intellectual space, at this point said SJW exploded and shrieked that if that is what he thinks he should resign.

It is beyond me how these trust fund kiddies who's parents can afford the fees for Yale can claim to be oppressed.

Video here -
    [YOUTUBE]7QqgNcktbSA[/YOUTUBE]

This video has a longer recording of the incident -
    [YOUTUBE]oL70DSs4aoo[/YOUTUBE]

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My opinion is that anything could be offensive, so we should just accept opinions [and anything else] and turn away or have a constructive argument if we don't like them.

And just because someone's rich/famous doesn't mean that they don't have problems. Money doesn't buy everything. Take it from Elton John / Bernice Thompson ''even though your dead the press still hound you'' - who'd want that?

#2 Secrets5, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  3. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People just LOVE to find anything offensive. :roflmao:

4. Simple Thoughts

This is just the beginning ( well not even the beginning this has been going on for a long time. ) I've talked about this kinda thing before, and this is what I was warning about the whole time.

A bunch of entitled little brats kicking screaming, and causing a big fuss because they aren't being catered to like special little snowflake. It's digusting.

Funny tidbit when that woman in the video yells "Who the F hired you!?" The correct answer is: She did.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, this aspect of left-wing politics is seriously detrimental - and I say that as a left-winger. These lunatics need to shut the fuck up.

6. Simple Thoughts

These people and the "Not all muslims tho" people on the left are going to be directly responsible for putting trump into office. People are getting sick of this stuff, even on the left. It's gotten stupid.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that's my concern. These individuals don't seem to realise that to everyone else they look unhinged and weird. Left-wing parties need to put a huge berth between them and 'Tumblr politics'.

#7 imnotreallysure, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  8. Simple Thoughts

Won't happen. MSNBC is gonna jump right in on their side I'm sure.

It's gonna suck, but these kind people don't know how to think ahead at all. Personally I'd like to see Sanders win, but with this level of madness going on we're gonna be living under President "Build a wall" Trump.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only is it completely unfeasible to ban people from wearing costumes, but to go about it with so little consultation with peers is idiotic.

Instead of engaging in dialogue to explain why she rejects certain costumes, she declared herself to be the arbiter of what is or isn't acceptable and demanded the prohibition (along the lines of her thinking, of course) be imposed by the university.

This isn't even the sort of leftism that's annoyingly radical but nonetheless rational and coherent. This is just a mess of unjustifiable beliefs with a tantrum to tie it all up.

It's so important for left-wingers to be liberal; force either subjugates, which they can't do, or alienates, which they certainly are doing, so if they want to actually do something productive they're going to have to be more flexible and willing to explain themselves to their peers as equals.

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

The very 1st and only danger to justice and equality these people need to be concerned with is themselves. Leave the actual problems in society to activists who don't defeat the purpose of their whole cause contradicting themselves horribly at every turn

11. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Liberal isn't left-wing.

12. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I thought you meant that they literally exploded when I saw this title. Well that's a relief that everyone is in one piece.

13. Jellal

This is going on a cringe compilation, I know it.

14. Plattyrex

This is really a interesting subject for me. It seems like this could lead to society becoming like this as a social norm, which is horrifying, but on the other hand it seems like the more ultra pc lunatics we get the bigger the backlash against it gets. My feelings are actually pretty easily hurt myself, but that's my problem, not everyone elses. These people need to stop imposing their ridiculously narrow minded world view onto everyone.

15. Simple Thoughts

This is exploding already. I was just watching yet another one of these student protests and it was disgusting. It was the worst one yet. This is getting bad, really bad. Colleges all over the country are under attack by this mindset ( bred by gender studies and critical race theory ) and it's only going to get worse and worse.

How do I know it's because of Gender studies and Critical Race theory? Well the one thing every single one of these protests have in common ( all what 3-4 now that I'm aware of at this point and still growing ) is that among the demands is this "MANDATORY gender studies and critical race theory courses for ALL students"

This is a cult and they are trying to force indoctrination.

#15 Simple Thoughts, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  16. Plattyrex

I haven't been to college or payed much attention, so I didn't really know where this stuff comes from. It's kinda scary really. Really these people are extremely prejudice, but they think their justified because they only single out the groups that they label as privileged. I think a big part of the issue comes from the fact that society just labels them as overly PC, when they're actually more akin to a hate movement than anything.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My observations have been as of late that people who decry political correctness are the ones who usually spew racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic etc. things that aren't just politically incorrect, but hateful.

However I also have to say that what these so-called "Social Justice Warriors" don't seem to understand is that especially on social issues, change is a process and not an event. Blocking a freeway isn't going to magically get you what you want right this very instant. I support the cause of the Black Lives Matter movement, but the way they're going about it is very, very counterproductive.

18. Simple Thoughts

The privelleged system comes from Gender Studies and Critical Race theory. That's a core part of those courses in college.

It is a hate movement, and despite their word play with the definition of racist and sexist I see this entire thing as both racist and sexist, and now that we're seeing just how much systemic power they really have when they flex their muscle I'm now arguing they are the ones doing the systemic oppression and it's entirely based on race and sex.

PC is just a tool they use to assert power and control. That's what this is really about, they want power and they want control.

oh and my number was off now it's 5 or 6 I am now aware of about 2 more student protests going on. So yeah...it's spreading and they are universally getting what they are demanding and because they are getting what they want they are upset and demand more. It's madness, total madness.

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 07:11 PM ----------

Black Lives Matter and Student protestors were both apparently tweeting stuff like #FParis because they were mad that the media wasn't talking about them anymore. I thought that was messed up.

When it comes to Black Lives Matter I've seen their demands, and while I disagree with maybe 1 or 2 things overall I'm fairly supportive of their ideas. I especially like the bodycam thing, and I think we need to put cams on Cops for sure.

The student protesters are a different kinda monster. A much more dangerous one and right now everyone is bending over backwards to give them what they want which like I've said is power and control which only expands their reach makign them able to demand more and more.

I'm against PC culture. I think it's stupid and goes against our fundamental core as a nation ( in the United States ). We're for freedom of speech not Freedom of speech ( unless someone's feelings get hurt ). That's a non-negotiable stance we take and will continue to take ( hopefully). Without that all our other freedoms will die. Not maybe die, will die. These student protestors want nothing more than the destroy our first amendment and it's horrifying.

19. Lindsey23

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How embarrassing.