1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sexually attracted to men,physically and emotionally attracted to women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Brightlights, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Brightlights

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay,
    So I've been so confused my whole life about what I am. I know its unimportant, and labels are stupid but I'm so tired of being confused. Maybe somebody can help me?

First off- I'm a virgin so I haven't had sex with either genders.

From what I can remember, I've always secretly been attracted to women. (I'm a woman.) and I remember that i used to fantasize about the most popular girl in school coming out to me and us having sex. This was in 7th grade, and I am now a sophomore in college. Throughout highschool I dated MANY guys. However I could not stay in relationships with them. There was always something missing. I would date them for a month and then be over it. And these guys were seemingly perfect for me, it just wasn't working. Then I started realizing that I am always paying attention to women. I love being close with them. I love their bodies, their hair, their face, their lips. everything. But I dont necessarily fantasize about having sex with women anymore. Only with men, but I would rather be with women. It's really confusing I know.

Now here where it gets confusing, it's not even men that attract me, its the parts. It's not their bodies, or their personalities, or anything like that its just the idea of the birds and the bees that turns me on haha. does that make any sense? Is there anyone out there like me?
    what could this mean?

2. YinYang

You sound homoromantic bisexual to me, or maybe homoromantic heterosexual. But the only person who can label you is you.

3. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can somewhat relate: I'm physically/sexually attracted to men, romantically/emotionally attracted to women. You mentioned you don't necessarily fantasize about women yet you find their bodies attractive and you are attracted to them emotionally - maybe you are demi-sexual with woman, meaning you need a romantic/emotional attachment first before you can develop sexual feelings for them.

As for men, you mention that you are not attracted to the male body yet you enjoy the idea of having sex with a man. Perhaps you're just curious about what sex with a man is like, perhaps the idea of being dominated. Whatever the reason it might be, everyone's sexuality is different and unique, I think exploring your sexuality will help things make more sense. You don't need to label yourself right now or ever. Do whatever makes you comfortable.

#3 lastking, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  4. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I would probably say bisexual homo-romantic too (which for all practical purposes is pretty much lesbian) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. littleraven

I can relate to this so much. You're definitely not alone. (*hug*)

For me it's a little different in that I do think about sex with women some day. However, I am still attracted to guys sexually without being as romantically attracted as I am to women. Like I'll find something a male does attractive and then I'll think "He's like a brother to me. :confused:" It's all interesting.

6. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I am sexually attracted to men but emotionally attracted to women. Am only sexually attracted to women I am in love with. I am definitely emotionally attracted to one man
    and have been most of my life.

When you love someone, it all comes together :slight_smile:

I don't care about labels and never have.

Good luck sorting things out Brightlights!

7. QBear

So, when you say the idea of the birds and the bees turns you on, what do you mean specifically? Do you mean penis in vagina sex turns you on? Or the idea of making babies? Or penises in particular? Or the idea of still being straight? Or just penetration?

If its just being penetrated for pleasurable penetration's sake, then don't rule out sex with women. You'd be amazed at the penetration queer women can deliver with hands and toys and strap ons.

Now, if you really like flesh and blood penises, but not usually the people attached to them, then perhaps consider dating pre-op trans women. They still have junk, but they are also women, and so typically their personality style that might be more to your liking.

In any case, I'd strongly advise that you try to start dating women, and seen how that feels. There is something in your post that makes me wonder whether you are afrai to come out as bisexual or lebian. Go be proud, and do what you want to do!

8. Jase26

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I can kind of relate. I'm attracted to females on both a physical and sexual level but have a curiousity about sex with a guy. It started out as just a bit of a fantasy but I'm coming to the point of maybe turning the fantasy into a reality. I don't know if I would go as far as to call myself bi due to having no emotional or even physical attraction to guys. It's more just the idea of being with a guy that appeals to me. Not being the one in the lead for once. Trying something new. Hmm just pretty darn confusing!

9. AnotherStranger

i also feel related in some way. Ive always fallen for females but when it comes to look at bodies I preffer guys I suuuucks not because you cant label yourself but because what kindof partner should i seek? i

10. QBear

I completely understand where your coming from on this, Jase. Traditional gender roles and expectations can be pretty stifling in relationships, and sometimes a downright boner killer. Lol

However, discomfort with gender roles does not in itself make you bi or gay. In my book, it just makes you an aware and compassionate person. If you are willing to date a broader range of people, there are ways and people with whom to have opposite sex relationships that defy traditional gender roles that you may find more comfortable.

That said, if you want to try dating men, you should do that.

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2015 at 08:52 PM ----------

Maybe you need to find yourself a gender-queer fellow?
    By this, I mean someone who is physically male, but mentally/emotionally somewhat female.

My current sweet heart - who is a queer woman - was kinda in the same boat as you. She told me when we started dating that she was more attracted to male sexuality, but had had a lot of trouble relating emotionally to male bodied people. But she seems very happy with me, and arguably I'm sorta gender queer that way.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

#10 QBear, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  11. Jase26

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I completely understand where your coming from on this, Jase. Traditional gender roles and expectations can be pretty stifling in relationships, and sometimes a downright boner killer. Lol

However, discomfort with gender roles does not in itself make you bi or gay. In my book, it just makes you an aware and compassionate person. If you are willing to date a broader range of people, there are ways and people with whom to have opposite sex relationships that defy traditional gender roles that you may find more comfortable.

That said, if you want to try dating men, you should do that.

Totally get what you're saying, although couldn't see myself being comfortable being a sub to a woman. Although having said that, it's one of those things I'd be open to trying if the woman I was with actively wanted to try it. There's a definite appeal there just not as a regular thing. Much prefer being the guy when with a woman :slight_smile:

As for subbing for a guy, at this point it's definitely more fantasy and would take a big leap on my part. When thinking of reality, I think with the right guy I could for sure see myself experimenting and getting enjoyment out of it.

#11 Jase26, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  12. QBear

Well, fair enough. However, I want to challenge you to see that there is more to defying gender expectations than just being a sub, per se. It can have a lot to do with having equality in terms of expectations in the relationship, too.

But to each their own. :slight_smile:

13. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate to this I think. I've rarely thought about dating guys I've met, but I think about romantic relationships with women all the time, even if I don't know them well. I'm physically attracted to both men and women, but really only see myself in a serious relationship with a woman.