1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm about to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by taken, Nov 5, 2015.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm about to send this message to my mom... I'm terrified...

There's been something on my mind for a while now that I really need to let you know. I'm putting this in a letter:text because I need time to organize my thoughts and really explain myself. For the past year or so, I know you've asked me if I've been dating anyone and I've said "no" several times. Well truth is that I actually have been. The truth is that I have a girlfriend. This has been a huge internal struggle for myself for a while now, and I've finally realized that if I'm going to ever be happy and feel like I'm being myself, this is something that I have to accept about myself. The past few years I've done a lot of thinking and taking time to accept myself. In the process, I've become a much happier person. I've been able to come off my anti-depressants and feel like I'm maintaining without them. I've been off for about a year now. You know I've been busy with work and school and haven't really talked to y'all very much and kind of use that as an excuse. Truth is, I feel like I'm hiding his a big part of who I am from you and I've been battling it for a while. I know that you will love me no matter what but I hope you can accept this and be happy for me as well. The other reason I'm putting this into a letter is because I know it isn't easy for you and brings about a lot of emotion. I want you to have time to think about it and process it and we can talk about it. At this point, my nerves are wrecked. Just know that I love you and that will never change, and I'm the same person I've always been... Just a happier person! I love you!!

2. MusicNotes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds like a lovely message, and I can feel your emotions through it.

I hope everything goes perfect for you!!(*hug*) (*hug*)

#2 MusicNotes, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just sent it... Waiting for a response. I'm oddly calm but nervous at the same time.

4. BiKate

How did she respond? I hope it went well!

5. Koan

Koan Guest

Hope everything went well.