1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else play the ukulele?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by The Nurgend, Nov 5, 2015.

1. The Nurgend

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thought I'd ask since I've never met anyone who does but I find it to be an easy and enjoyable instrument, and I was wondering if anyone else did too.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I found it even harder than the guitar, which is weird because the Ukulele is smaller.

3. The Nurgend

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Huh, that's odd, I've never been able to get the hang of guitars. I guess maybe it depends on which one you learn first?

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think 'learnt' is the correct word, because I can't really play beyond an A and a G on guitar, but at least I could stretch my fingers to it. I really want to play, but it's really difficult. I found playing the flute and piccolo easier. And the piano.

#4 Secrets5, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  5. Formality

I knew some chords way back when we were playing it in music class in school. But I haven't played since. I've been thinking about getting one for quite some time. Now since I'm moving to the alps in december and won't be able to bring my keyboard I figured the ukelele is perfect for that because it is easy to transport. Eddie Vedder's Ukelele Songs album is also an inspiration :slight_smile:

6. Chilla

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I absolutly love my ukulele. I also play the guitar so I'm used to the basic technique. I can only play chords though...
    My favourite songs to play are Riptide and Falling in Love (Cover by Twenty One Pilots). Twenty One Pilots is also one of the main reasons I started playing the ukulele :eusa_danc