1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender confusion?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Nov 4, 2015.

1. JackIsANerd

Hi im new here and im not sure if there is anywhere else I can talk about this. I am extremely confused and scared about my gender, basically I find myself imaging my future and in the future I see myself as a boy (I was assigned female at birth). Just the thought me using male pronouns makes me happy and even when I was little I did more "boy" stuff and acted like a boy, even now I sometimes forget I go by female and just saying I am female and being in this body feels wrong. At the same time I am scared I am making all this up? What if I change my mind in a few years? I just don't know what to do and where to start, my mom also reminds me that im a girl and god made me a girl so that might be why I think I am just making this up im not sure. Any advice for a confused teen? <3

2. YinYang

If you feel like a boy, you are a boy. It's as simple as that. You say saying you are female feels wrong, so I'd say you are a guy. I personally don't believe in God, so I don't think God made you a girl so you could be a girl. You are you. If you are a boy, that's who you are. Nothing can change that (*hug*)

3. JackIsANerd

Thank you <3

4. MtnCase

I've had the same fear about the future, like thinking that "what if in a few years I don't feel the same way?". But that feeling of wanting to present masculine, I have now realized, has been something I've had with me since childhood. I've changed a lot from high school to college and then even more after college. But one thing that stayed consistent was this inner feeling of not being the girl inside that I look like on the outside. I think I'm slowly realizing that this is a bigger deal than I let it be, always pushing it down and trying to ignore it.

5. Smoony

Smoony Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This man understands. He "gets it". Listen to him.

6. JackIsANerd

I am glad someone else understands! It has been something that I have pushed to the back of my mind for a long time