1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Fellow Beings!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RayMarieS, Nov 4, 2015.

1. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys!

My name is Ray. :slight_smile: I'm 19, black, bisexual, and completely in the closet. Haha.
    I signed up, because I'm pretty lonely and need friends who are like me. I live in Indiana and this state is messing up my energy. Though I try to remain positive, I do struggle with depression, social anxiety, and thanatophobia (google it if you want, it'll bum you out though). I try everyday to be happy, because right now my life is completely stuck in a black hole. I'm pretty much a modern day hippie though, well I try to be. I'm a vegetarian since July 2015. I want to go vegan in the future, but for now I'm trying to just stay on track. I meditate like all the time. I believe in aliens and I'm sure I've contacted a few. I'm not religious, but I am spiritual. I'm not one to judge people, I'm more of a if its okay with you...its fine with me. As long as it involves consent and is legal (expect for some things). I love books, I read a lot. I'm kind of in a reading slump right now though. I like to watch kid shows on Netflix. MY ZODIAC SIGN IS A CANCER. Yes I believe in astrology. My hero is Michael Jackson. Idk what else to say other than stay woke my fellow beings. :smilewave

2. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya, Ray!! I'm Jess, Bi & F2M! Way to be on being a vegetarian, I've tried to a few times, but I'm iron deficient, and I don't much care for the vegetarian options for iron. Alas, it didn't work out well. As far as aliens, there is no way to definitively prove that they don't exist, so more power to you! And hey! I'm a cancer too!!

Bummers about your phobia, that's really sucky. I have ruthless preparation anxiety and I can barely handle that, I can't imagine how bad it would be to have an actual phobia. As far as the depression/anxiety I'm a firm believer in positive thinking, so I think you'll be fine, but if you ever want to syphon off some of my caffeinated positivity feel free to hit me up. When I was younger I used to be on all sorts of medications for anxiety and depression and such. So I get where you're coming from! Your in a sucky place right now, but it gets better!! (I know, you've prolly heard it a thousand times, but it's like the main thing you have to believe to start getting better, so I am saying it again!!)

#2 Psycho Jess, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  3. fenestra

Hi, Ray!! I just joined here, too. I'm also in Indianapolis; how cool is that!? I'm moving to TN to be with my sister in a few weeks but I'll be up here now and again. Indy isn't such a bad place, I've been here all my life and still discover little pockets of peace and goodness everyday. You just got to keep your eyes open and allow yourself to be a part of the world around you. You're in this just as much as everyone else. :slight_smile:

What do you like to read? I'm a major book hound though I'm kind of coming off of it. I feel like my head is full enough already. I'd love to know what you love, though, and I can share what books have moved me. Books, food, music....share these things and love is abundant. :slight_smile:

4. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Jess! I love your name. Thanks for the positive reply, I was scared no one would respond cause I might sound crazy. Also, OMG you're a cancer :slight_smile: You're the first cancer I've met other than my twin brother xD POWER TO YOU!(!)

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2015 at 09:43 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:. Sending positive vibes to TN with ya. I want to move to Cali so bad. :I but I don't have any money so I'm stuck living at home until I can find a way out. I don't want to spend my early 20s in Indy. Peace&Love. :slight_smile:))

5. plant

Hey guys, I'm Alexis (or Alex, or whatever). I love Harry Potter, bad romance novels, painting, and good music. I'm deeply interested in the tiny house movement and hope to be living in one after I graduate (from high school & college). I'm hoping to study history in college. I'm currently out to everyone as gay, though I haven't come out as agender just yet. Hope you all have a great day.

P.S.
    Ray, I am also a cancer, and I've always been interested in being spiritual without necessarily conforming to a religion. I don't exactly know how that works but I would love to know more.

6. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Alexis. ^___^
    I love Harry Potter also. I'm more of a LOTR gal though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    So being spiritual is different for many people to me it differs from being religious, because spirituality to me means that you believe that something is there, but not God. I don't believe in God, Satan, Heaven, Hell, Angels, Demons, etc. I do believe that there is something there an infinite light/energy that connects us all. I believe that we are guided by our souls, etc. :slight_smile:
    Hope that helped a bit.:smilewave

7. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya Alex/is! My names Jess! As mentioned above -points up-

I've been flip flipping on whether to have a big house or a little house for a while. I think I've descided on a mid sized house with lots of cubbies and secret rooms. My grandad was an architect and he taught me how to do house plans, so it's been a blast drawing it!

And yes to Harry potter and bad romance novels! So much yes. My mom was so exasperated when I woke her up at 5am so I could get the seventh book the day it released in the local book store. I love sherlyn Kenyon's romance novels, what about you?

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2015 at 09:28 AM ----------

Yay!! LOTR!!! books or movies?

8. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Both, but I prefer books more.

9. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused: such a long quote for such a small message xD

Same here, though all in all the movie makers did a pretty good job of keeping to the books when they made the movies, in my opinion. Unlike the hobbit... I don't understand what happened there... -.-

10. fenestra

Ray,

Yeah, Cali would certainly be more forgiving than IN or TN but maybe you have the opportunity to leave your mark here. Maybe IN needs *you*.

Oh, and don't feel bummed about living at home. I quit my job in Jan and moved into my dad/stepmom's basement. I'm 36, btw. It's pretty sweet.

I'm always on the Monon and the Cultural Trail downtown. Maybe one day we'll pass by and smile at each other :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2015 at 09:29 AM ----------

Hey, Alex!! I am also interested in the tiny home movement. I pretty much live out of my car right now (it contains everything I own) and will soon be moving to TN to be with my sister. I really want a little camper or VW bus but my sister has an adorable playhouse in her yard (about 6'x6' inside) that I might try living in for awhile if she lets me. There is something so comforting to be in a small space. Like being in a little cocoon.

#10 fenestra, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there :slight_smile: I'm Bobby. Welcome to EC! Great to have you with us (!)

12. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

13. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC!

14. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pure greed most likely. Trying to get more money out of the fans. Cause it could of been one movie, two tops.

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 09:00 AM ----------

I just don't like it here. It makes me depressed, maybe its my time to move. I feel like I'll never know until I try. I mean I can always come home if nothing works out.

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 09:01 AM ----------

Hey Bobby! Thanks for welcoming me. Peace!:smilewave

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 09:01 AM ----------

Hey Justin! Thank you!! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 09:02 AM ----------

Hey MCR. I used to listen to them religiously btw :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks for the welcome

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Michael Jackson is totes one of my heroes as well! ^.^

Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: Pleasure to make your acquaintance! Feel free to chat me up any time. Hope you enjoy it here! xoxo

16. ChicoFranco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    HI Ray!! We have everything in common. except for the thatwordyouwrote-phobia. plus i am a guy. LOL! Aaaaaand am a CANCER! Cancer party woop! woop!
    Welcome to the best community:kiss:(*hug*)
    wishing you happy thoughts

17. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

18. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there Becki! :slight_smile: Thanks for the welcome and I will totally take you up on that offer sometime so be prepared :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 02:55 PM ----------

Oh my goodness all the Cancer signs are coming out of nowhere thats so awesome!!! :grin: Thanks for the welcoming!!

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 02:56 PM ----------

19. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people