1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't everyone an SJW to a certain extent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But then not going on these metrics allows for bias [concious or unconcious] to go on. It also means that you have to hire a certain amount of people out of certain groups, and if you have to hire people, then how's that fair on the people who did good in the interview but didn't fit that ''have to'' group and so didn't get the job?

It might start of by making an even-playing-field, but it's how opposite inequality stars as people stop thinking they ''have to'' hire people to meet the target, but then only hire these people as the reason you ''have to'' hire those people was long gone and now it's now the norm to be bias and hire only those people.

... it sounds confusing, but I might be right and someone has to be made aware that if you want equality - you're asking for equality. Not diversity or opposite inequality. Equality.

And what should rich people do with their money if they can't spend it on their kids education?

How are we to decide what schools kids go to if the 11+ didn't work, if postal codes aren't working?

Unless I'm talking crazy and people like Martin Luther King jr. and Emma Watson are doing a good enough job to work for & maintain total equality.

Life is ... [you don't need to fill this in, it's a statement unfinished that we'll leave alone]

#21 Secrets5, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HAHAHAHA I'm just glad they are on our side! I can't imagine how I would deal with, say, a homophobe arguing with such a keen (although kind of hard to parse through) philosophic insight :icon_mrgr

My thoughts exactly :icon_mrgr

#22 RawringSnake, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think a lot of people don't realise that SJW is a derogatory term and I really hate being compared to them but I'll humour you and laugh at the little more than hilarious comments thus far.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, new one;

In an alternate world set in the 1960s that has separate gender roles and it is accepted that a man has a vagina and a woman has a penis.

Who does the emotional work and who does the financial work?

Interested to know, please be honest and justify your answer.

If you're offended by this in anyway, I do apologise, but know I don't represent any view, I've never asked this before so I have no other answers to consider.

#24 Secrets5, Nov 3, 2015
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The difference between an activist and a Social Justice Warrior is this:

An activist goes out to inform/change the world, accepting the consequences and responsibility that comes with such. They seek a way to remedy a situation.

A Social Justice Warrior hides behind oppression, makes excuses, and is overly sensitive, not because they necessarily care, but because it gives them justification to never become a better person. They seek a way to maintain a situation, as it is, literally, their life.

6. Ryujin

Except it's not. Or rather, it's much more likely that it's not.

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2015 at 09:59 PM ----------

You've just renamed “woman” to “man” and “man” to “woman” (unless of course, the women still have breasts and the men don't, in which case that's...... weird), nothing has changed except the words you're using.

7. Simple Thoughts

The Social Justice Warrior is an advocate for Neo-Progressivism which on the political spectrum falls under Left Wing Authoritarianism.

Also with sites like Salon, The Gaurdian, Independant, and Huffington Post promoting this toxic ideology can we please stop pretending like this is isolated to just Tumblr? ( edti: Even CNN has used it to attack Bernie Sanders )

The basic gist is that these are people who want to control what you are allowed to think and what you are allowed to say in the name of 'progressive values' and for people like me who are Left wing Libertarians that's a huge no no.

#27 Simple Thoughts, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015