1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interested to know...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I'm interested to know that given the opportunity, would you abuse/discriminate a straight person? [this does not include disliking heterosexuality]

Please answer honestly.

Thank-you.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never. I strongly believe in equality, and to discriminate against anybody is contrary to my morals. The only time I would be judge mental towards somebody is if they were killers/rapists, or something like that. I also don't understand why people dislike heterosexuality, because the LGBT community should know how that feels like.

3. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. My moral code is very much treat others as you would treat yourself.

4. AceBiologist

Why would you even ask that? What does that have to do with one's sexual / gender identity, as opposed to just being an asshole (or a sociopath, depending on your definition of "abuse")?

If you're just phrasing this weirdly and you mean to ask if I would exclude straight people from certain events / gatherings (e.g. not letting straight men into lesbian bars) - then yes, because sometimes it can never be a safe space if straight people are allowed to take it over and/or perv on the people who are there because it's the one place they can relax and be out and open.

If I was an employer, I'd also give a little preference to *trans people, for example (sexuality not generally being obvious in job applications). But that's not "discrimination", but just evening the scales a little which are so heavily stacked against LGTBQ+ people in most countries if they have to deal with cis-het employers. So it's like affirmative action.

#4 AceBiologist, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  5. Yosia

Honestly, I would be pretty fucking disgusted if anyone thinks about answering 'yes'.

As an LGBT+ community, we can't fight for equality without treating people as equals, it makes no sense.

6. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because some women think it's okay to abuse/discriminate men to get them back. I'm not accusing anyone LGBT+ to do this, I'm just asking if anyone would. And about your job, you're not making it equal, you're making it more diverse [providing you also hire cis gender people]. There's a difference, I can explain it if you want. Anyway, why must you put your sexual orientation or gender when applying? What does it matter if you can do the job? I mean, I'm part of the trans* and personally don't agree with you, I'd hate to find out I got a job just because I'm part of a group that's irrelevant to a job. Oh, and it is discrimination, I can see why you're doing it, but it still is. Discrimination is treating someone differently due to their sex, gender reassignment, age, race etc. that's what you're doing, you might be thinking you're doing it positivly as others might get a job elsewhere, but it's still telling a cis person they can't get a job just because they're cis [even if you don't actually say that to their face].

Reference: Definition of 'discrimination' from google definitions.

#6 Secrets5, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015