1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You never know when or where you'll get support.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 50ishandout, Oct 29, 2015.

1. 50ishandout

Ok so most everyone is probably saying here he goes again. His Coming Out has been fantastic. We'll yes it has. I can't believe how good people have been. Coming Out is the most liberating experience I've had in a long time.

People have been wonderful this week I had two occasions where I wasn't expecting any Coming Out discussion. The first was Monday night at the wake of a family members child. Sad story. Heroine sucks. Had a cousin come over to me and congratulate me on Coming Out. She was so supportive. He phrase was "now you can live an authentic life ". That was great.

The second was Wednesday at a political function. A friend that I haven't seen in a while came over and was asking how I'm doing, is everything ok, any problems?

I knew he had heard, however I was preoccupied with a few other things. As he was leaving he came back into the hall and told me he knew and he was happy for me. Told me that things will be ok, to which I told him things were great. He then told me his son was Gay and if I ever needed anyone to talk with he is there for me.

People are just AWESOME and life is good.

2. ChivalrousMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello! That's great, I think "expect the unexpected" would be a fitting phrase huh? I wasn't there to witness your story, but I'm really glad for you!

Enjoy life! :slight_smile:

3. jonjon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you! And congratulations on coming out. :thumbsup: