1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting Facial hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Oct 27, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I found myself looking into a mirror to make it short and under my nose looked like it was a shadow and it made me look like i had a slight beard i never thought i wanted or liked the idea of having facial hair until that happened. It's silly and strange however i want to know if anyone has had that type of weird realization about something they believed they would never want on their body ended up being something they realized they wanted.

I'm still inside question if i want HRT i don't know if i'm trans or just super genderqueer.

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Aren't genderqueer people trans* too?

3. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm talking about Trans as in transgender/transitioning
    not Trans* but genderqueer is trans* yes or something like that.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know putting a * after trans makes it any different that regular trans.
    Transgender is an umberalla term for anyone who's gender does not match their assigned gender at birth.
    And there are several people who identify as genderqueer and transition, makes them no less genderqueer nor trans.

As for the facial hair. I've always had facial hair despite being AFAB, I hated it as a teen because I knew girl's aren't suppose to have it and I would be picked on. As I've grown older and explored my gender identity I've realized I actually like my facial hair and would love to grow it out. It was a shock when I did realize because I had always talked about how much I wished it was gone.

5. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    You didn't understand what i was trying to say about trans i never said anyone was anything less. And please for god sake, i'm so sick of hearing about more and more labels and terms i'm trying to explain stuff but it's hard enough explaining it why do i need to get everything correct while doing so? I didn't start this to debate about more confusing stuff i'm already stressed out already frustrated and all i know is that transgender is transgender and genderqueer is genderqueer
    that's what i understand i don't understand anything else and fuck it has nothing to do with that.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't trying to start a debate or argument, sorry if it seems that way. But please don't cuss at me.

And I did answer what you were asking. If you were asking anything, could of gotten that wrong too.
    I did at one point in my life think I would never want the facial hair. It was based off what people expected me to be like and how I thought I had to be like that. Now it is something I really want.

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have more of a... Fascination with facial hair? Secretly, I wished I was capable of growing some. I never mentioned it to my family because of how strange it would sound for a girl (in their minds, at least) to say they want a beard. As I've gotten older and more cemented in my identity, I really, really, really want some.

Funny story. The other day, my mum had rather sheepishly asked me if I'd ever been interested in wearing makeup products before. Trying to test the waters I suppose. I just kind of chuckled and responded with a resounding "Ahhh... NO." And then I literally almost said "Though a beard I wouldn't mind." But I caught myself. Too many implications with that statement, y'know?

#7 Kodo, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  8. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people

I know you responded to what i was asking
    that's fine it's why i didn't say anything and i was on the edge last night with frustration so yea.