1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of talking to someone. Badly!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Anonymous

I give a trigger warning for cutting, suicide, and depression, you've been warned.

So, recently two of my friends broke up. I made the now ex-boyfriend feel horrible. He calls me with a knife in his hands, telling me he wants to end his life. I tell this to the now ex-girlfriend, and she admits to wanting to end her life for the past three weeks. This all made me want to cut, and now I feel like a horrible screw-up of a person.

Please, someone, talk to me.

#1 Anonymous, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2021
  2. anonymous cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hia!
    Nothing to be afraid of, its not your fault. People break up all the time and the first couple of weeks is rough. Just support them and talk them through it. Tell them a break up is no reason to end ones life and everything will pass eventually. Oh, don't get in the middle of it either you may get hurt as well

Hope this helps! Everything will be okay... :kiss:

3. Anonymous

Only a problem there, I don't see the ex-girlfriend much. And the only way I can contact the ex-boyfriend is on skype. And even then, not much I can do.

4. anonymous cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Then your best bet would be to just let things happen and don't worry about it. YOU cant fix THEIR relationship issues. If either one of them come to you for help then do all you can, just try not to hurt either one of them in the process.

5. jonjon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's some good advice here. But always remember, if things get heated like you've explained, you can always call 911.

If you need some quick and trusted advice, text “START” to 741-741, Crisis Text Line. They're free, 24/7 emotional support for anyone in a jam. Their counselors practice active listening to help people in crisis move from a hot moment to a cool calm – all through a medium they know and trust: text. Check out their website at crisistextline.org for more information and a great list of resources including a section on cutting or self injury.

And here's a great directory for suicide prevention hotlines, online chat, text-lines, and resources.

I hope this helps some. I wish you the best. (*hug*)

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An important fact to consider: people very rarely take their own lives over one issue. The end of a relationship is very painful and traumatic, but most people are able to endure and come to terms with the sense of loss and eventually recover. There will, no doubt, be some tough weeks and months immediately following a break up but with help and support a healthy, mature and stable person will recover.

I'm not suggesting you dismiss the talk of suicide, because your friends may be dealing with other issues (on top of the break-up) that could be significant and that's why you should point them in the direction of professional support and suicide prevention helplines. Support them yourself, if you are strong enough, but don't take too much on or try to act as a substitute for professional help. If you have reached the point where you want to harm yourself, you really should take a step back.

Can you explain why you are blaming yourself?