1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you define beautiful, hot, sexy, and cute?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We use adjectives to describe attractive people all the time, but is there a difference between cute, hot, beautiful, and sexy? How do you define them?

For me..

Beautiful: Person has a great personality and is beautiful in the inside and out. I usually use beautiful for females, or people that I'm not typically attracted to, but feel like they give off an amazing radiance.

Hot: Someone that is eye candy and is extremely attractive. This is very physical, though, and I can quickly lose attraction for "hot" people.

Sexy: An "upgraded" hot. This person not only has a hot body, but also a very attractive (in a sexual way) personality. These are reserved for people that can charm the pants off of individuals.

Cute: I consider cute people attractive in the relationship kind of way. These are people I actually want to go on a date with and start something long-term. They are beautiful on the inside and attractive on the outside, but they don't act narcissistic. When I call someone cute, it's probably the best compliment I can give. I also call girls cute, though. When I call a girl cute, I'm saying "Dang. If I was straight, I'd totally be attracted to you."

Other: Do you have any other adjectives to add to this list? Handsome? Pretty? Feel free to mention them.

What about you guys?

#1 Steve FS, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't use to word beautiful in relation to people.

Hot = Attractive physical features.
    Sexy = Attractive attitude (not to be confused with personality).
    Cute = Adorable/endearing.

#2 RawringSnake, Oct 26, 2015
  3. DinelodiiGitli

Beautiful: Wonderful, either aesthetically pretty or emotionally so.
    Hot/sexy: Neither I really use so I can't really say for certain what they mean to me.
    Cute: Adorable, like in a huggable sort of way.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful: Takes your breath away. You're content to sit there and soak in the visual ambrosia.

Hot/Sexy (same thing to me): Lights your fire. :wink: Your imagination takes off with this one.

Cute: Stirs tender/protective feelings. You want to kiss and cuddle this person and never let go.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful: Nice personality, and handsome/pretty (not necessarily in a sexual way; I'd call my mom beautiful)

Hot/sexy: I use them interchangably for someone who I'm attracted to

Cute: Someone who is dainty and whom I want to protect

6. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I'm always the cute one! Fawn over me!
    And my post number is 69...either I stop posting or make it to 666...

#6 Kinky, Oct 26, 2015
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Beautiful:
    Me, in a dress.

Hot:
    Me, in a bikini.

Sexy:
    Me, naked.

Cute:
    Me, always.

8. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Beautiful: I always thought of this word as being a classy way of describing an attractive person. I also always thought of it as a word mainly directed at women. For example, I think Kylie Jenner is a beautiful woman.

Hot: A guy with a handsome face, gorgeous eyes(my weakness), and a nice body. Example, Francisco Lachowski.

Sexy: The same as hot, but with killer abs and V-Line. Example, Pietro Boselli.

Cute: A guy with boyish looks. Example, Austin Mahone.

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Beautiful - I guess I can use this interchangeably with pretty sometimes. When someone is really breathtakingly elegant or pretty, I use the word beautiful.

Hot/sexy - When a person is like damn!

Cute - Either when I'm a bit attracted to someone, or when something or someone, like a kitten, is like "Awwwwww, kawaiiiiiiii." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. tipthescales

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Here is how I would define them:

Beautiful: The person is attractive on the inside and the outside and just seems to make people gravitate to them. Sometimes I also would define people as beautiful just because of personality. Only genuine and nice people fall into this category for me, and it's often rare.

Hot: Physically attractive just by seeing them. They have the "ideal" look that makes people drool when they walk down the street.

Sexy: They are physically attractive and their personality is attractive. Not necessarily someone I would want to be with long term, but they create a feeling of risk and adventure.

Cute: The awkward, average, and wonderful people of the world that I could see myself being with for awhile. They make jokes and can hold conversations, and not take things to seriously.

11. Lyana

Well, they're not mutually exclusive. To me, my SO is all of these things, though I wouldn't say beautiful because they don't like to hear the term applied to them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Beautiful: Significantly more physically attractive than the majority of people. A sort of aesthetic, I-could-look-at-your-face-all-day beauty.

Hot: Also attractive, but more importantly, I am sexually attracted to them. Hot is do-a-double-take in the streets attractive.

Sexy: Physically (looks-wise) hot, with attitude, personality, and a swagger.

Cute: For me, cute is in the little things. It's in the way someone can't keep their hands still when their talk, the way their hair stands up on end, the way their nose crinkles up when they smile, the little quirks they have that stand out and draw my attention.

12. nate16

For me, hot and sexy overlap, but not all the time. Sexy and cute can overlap as well.

beautiful: some aspect of the person is prominent, be it personality or aesthetics.
    sexy/hot: usually someone who I find sexually attractive, however not always.
    cute: someone I want to date long term. It can be their personality or their physical characteristics. It can also mean the small things.

Usually I get called cute by the guys I date and or have dated. I'm always unsure of what to call them. If I call a guy cute but he doesn't identify as cute.... :confused: Cute also has the potential to be interpreted as 'one needing protection.' Still figuring out what that means in the dating world.

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful: Beauty, to me, is a feeling that I get, not a word or compliment. When I hear a piece of music that moves me, that's beautiful. If I'm talking to my girlfriend and she suddenly smiles, in that moment, her smile is beautiful. It's not a constant, at least for me. I can call someone beautiful, but it means that they generally appear or have a certain quality that overall gives me that feeling of beauty, but I only feel it during certain moments, I suppose. It's radiance. Some people's looks can be beautiful, but that's not all. A talent is beautiful, emotion is beautiful, expression, creativity, all of that. I use that word rarely while describing people, but when I do, it's very sincere.

Hot: For me, there is a clear difference between hot and sexy. I can find a boy hot, but never sexy. This is also pretty short-term, while I feel "beautiful" as a compliment has more meaning. To me, hot means that someone is aesthetically pleasing at a certain moment. I can find friends hot, but not sexy, and same with guys.

Sexy: Sexy isn't just a certain look, it's a feeling when I look at someone. I can say I find my girlfriend sexy, sometimes, if I'm in that kind of mood, or if she's wearing revealing clothing or looking at me in a certain way. If I get aroused by a person, that's sexy. It's past looks- It's demeanor, appearance, mood, a lot of things. I can find multiple people sexy, I can find voices sexy, but it's less frequent than "hot". If someone arouses me, then they are sexy in that moment.

Cute: Most people generally have things that make them cute. It's about certain little things, and "cute" makes me want to hug them, play with their face, and protect them best I can.

14. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Winneeeeeeeeeeer.

15. DinelodiiGitli

Best post.

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful ~

[​IMG]

It's the full package deal. Not necessarily that they must be flaming attractive, but who they are is beautiful. It's like you cannot get enough of them. You want to study their face, listen to them speak, just be around them.

Hot/Sexy ~

Hot and sexy are practically synonyms in my book. Although I'd say "hot" is more steady, as in a certain person is always very attractive and thus they are hot. But "sexy" is more circumstantial, and could vary depending on how the person presents themselves or what mood I'm in.

Some of my entries from our "cute, adorable, and handsome men" thread sufficiently describe who I view as hot and/or sexy...

Here
    Here
    And Here

Cute ~

For me, "cute" refers to younger guys and/or more boyish, princely charm. Like the members of boy bands (One Direction or INFINITE) are cute. Also Zac Efron, Chris Pine, aaaand Matt Bomer.

#16 Kodo, Oct 26, 2015
  17. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Beautiful: Someone who will do random things and i'll just think "wow they're beautiful". The people who make you smile for no reason. Their personality just makes you happier. They can just be themselves and still make you feel like there could never be anyone to replace them.

Cute: Someone who is shy and awkward. Someone who messes up or is clumsy. Someone who makes me smile just by talking. People who say the random est things. Someone who I feel like protecting. Someone who has a nervous smile or lip bite.

Pretty: Someone you can look at and see how attractive they are. I don't really see them sexually it's just noticing and recognizing the fact that they have good genetics.

Hot: Someone who you see in more of a sexual way but not always. They are physically attractive and have a fit body.

My favorite things about people is how cute or beautiful I think they are. I never get a crush depending on the other things.

18. Kaboom

BEAUTIFUL: Would be more about the face than anything. Beautiful eyes. Beautiful smile. Warm and radiant. A lovely personality to go along with the lovely face. I could be sexually attracted to this person or not. Beautiful is beautiful.

HOT: A more shallow term. Nice body/face and they know it. There's a good chance they wouldn't keep my interest though, but it is a term I would use for someone I'd bang.

SEXY: Someone really attractive and charming. Sensual. Someone who could possibly intimidate me. Definitely a term I would use for someone I'd bang.

CUTE: Not a term I would use for someone I'd bang. It's usually something I would say to a friend or when I'm getting to know someone and they have seen this post. I try to keep it classy.

19. SumitaSofat

SumitaSofat Guest

Beautiful - Beautiful in every aspects like behavior, face, and personality.
    Hot and Sexy - I would take it as same terms which is related to an attitude which attracts.
    Cute - Sweet and adorable which is very lovely.

20. CyanChachki

Beautiful: A red/orange sunset

Hot: Elliott Morgan (The youtuber, not the photographer)

Sexy: Angelic and editorial looking.

Cute: A Stoat with it's tongue sticking out