1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Sports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love playing sports. I love cheering for my friends when they are playing sports. I don't understand the interest in watching and cheering on strangers who are supposed to represent my city playing sports.

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Also if you're from Flint MI, I completely understand why you wouldn't like football. It's pretty hard to be a football fan when your team is the Lions. I'm from metro Detroit too and pretty fed up with them sucking my entire life.

#42 armydude, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. candyjiru

Watching sports is incredibly dull to me... probably because I had to watch so many games when I was a cheerleader XD;;;;;

I do like cheering, and volleyball~ I think those would be where my strengths would be, haha~ I also used to do tennis as well, and I love swimming~ as for being a bystander or a fan... no thanks... I'm not into muscley guys, so I don't like male sports, and I don't like the weird grunting all the girls do in their sports, so that's a no-go for me either, haha~ it doesn't help that no one in my immediate family like sports (I would say highly dislikes would be more the word for their feeling on the matter, lol) and the last time a family friend came over to "watch the big game" he ordered me around and told me to be a good little serving wench... smdh

4. Joelouis

I like a few sports like football, tennis and golf (is that really a sport though?). I used to play football four times a week in various forms (indoor five-a-side, six-a-side outdoor AstroTurf, and Saturday & Sunday league). I was very fit then!

Can't stand cricket.
    The matches go on four days on end just to finish in a draw.
    Boring.

Rugby is another I'm not keen on. Silly shaped ball that doesn't even roll properly. They run one way but pass the ball in the other.

I loved P.E at school except the showering part.
    And of course when it was cricket or rugby.

5. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like sports. Watching, that is.

I'm not exactly athletic, so I loathe playing sports. Except dodgeball, if that counts.

I love watching sports. And by sports I mostly mean hockey. Hockey is my life. I'll watch any game I can, from the QMJHL to the NHL. Football, baseball, and basketball are all right. I may watch my favourite teams sometimes, but not often. I do follow teams in the NFL, CFL, MLB, and NBA, and I'm happy when they win, but I don't care as much as my favourite hockey teams winning.

I don't really have any strong opinions on lacrosse, and I absolutely cannot stand soccer, rugby, and anything else not mentioned. They're just so dull.

6. Plattyrex

Yeah, my family was pretty upset when they lost yesterday. I can't really remember hearing anything good about them over the course of my life.

7. tipthescales

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't care for most sports, but there are a few I take a liking to. I don't go out of my way to watch any sporting events though!

Sometimes I like watching soccer and hockey. I played soccer (and was awful at it!) for awhile, and then I was a referee for soccer matches for awhile too. It's a very fun sport and EXTREMELY aggressive if it's being played right! It's also very fast paced and fun to follow. Hockey is basically the same, just replace the ball with a puck, put it on ice, and add some fights!

However, my favorite sport is any kind of motorsport, particularly NASCAR. I love cars with a passion and absolutely adore drifting, track racing, and rally events. I rarely get to go actually see an event, but they're so much fun! I actually autocross throughout the year.

8. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's because there isn't anything good about them. Never has been, never will be. They exist only to make us suffer.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I hate sports. I honestly don't get how people can sit around all day and just watch it it's so boring. I also hate it when dads force there sons to place sports like it there destiny or something. I also hated pe when the guys thought it was a good idea to throw me the ball and I obviously couldn't catch and they would have a fit over it and I'm like guys it's just a fucking game! I also hate PE coaches. Thank god I'm homeschooled now.

10. timo

I hate sports. Most of it is insanely boring to watch, and playing sports myself feels like such a waste of time.

The only thing I like about watching a football (soccer) game is drinking beer. Don't care about the game itself at all.

Only things I like watching every now and then are F1 and downhill skiing, cause I'm a huge car geek and also like skiing myself. And because it's mostly about speed. But still, if there's something interesting I can do instead of watching a race, I'd always pick that.

11. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love to watch gymnastics and swimming, of course that only happens in the Olympics hah. Football, basketball, soccer I'll watch occasionally but I'm not too big into sports in general.

12. Formality

YES! Downhill skiing is so exciting to watch. Especially when one knows the feeling of those speeds and knowing how increadibly dangerous it is. A single mistake can cripple you for life, or in the worst case, kill you. It is easily my favourite alpine skiing discipline to watch just because of the diversity of the discipline and the immense planning that goes into that ~2 minute run to make it perfect. It is the pinnacle of alpine skiing.

13. Agustina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I breath sports.

I've always been active since I was little and love participating in group and individual sports. Currently the only team sport I play is soccer. However, I participate in a lot of individual activities.

As for watching sports, I enjoy watching soccer, rugby, and MMA fighting. When the Olympics come on, I'll watch the boxing matches, cycling race, and power lifting competitions.

14. ScatteredEarth

I find football to be the funniest thing ever sometimes.

15. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PE was awful, it was one of my least favourite subjects. Being the clumsy lanky, disorientated person with a lack of balance with asthma, PE wasn't exactly my favourite. That and I felt a little uncomfortable with the idea of changing rooms.

Sport however, is ok I suppose. As long as it isn't a sport that involves throwing to others/a net then chances are I don't mind it.

Sports I enjoy playing: Field hockey,table tennis,swimming, and sometimes football.

Sports I hate: Netball,Basketball, and Rounders.

Don't really get golf though, but hey people like different things than others. (*hug*)

#55 Canterpiece, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  16. DominantLezStud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a HUGE Baseball fanatic! !!!! :grin:(!):thumbsup:

17. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thoughts on sports? ha that rhymes(!):roflmao: but really it depends on the sport. being an Aussie I like cricket and rugby but not basketball or football. I don't mind PE if it's the dance unit cos I love dancing

18. PokeGleek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love playing sports during P.E, but watching them is a whole other story. I hate watching them, but love playing them.

#58 PokeGleek, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  19. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    meh i dont like sports at all really....only would watch some because.....basketball.....rugby...americanfootball.......are you know....lets just say these sports and some others are only watched because of "visual appeal" okay. but id never play sports willingly

20. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not really a big fan of watching sports, the only exception being the FIFA World Cup. My town's pretty big on football though.

I used to play basketball in a team, kind of miss it. I try to play when I have the time. Other than that, I don't really play sports, except for PE.