1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 or PS4?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 741852963, Oct 25, 2015.

1. LightningFarron

Get the PS4 and just get the PS3 later. The price will go down eventually anyways :slight_smile:

2. 741852963

Thanks guys for all the responses.

I'm going for the PS3 and will get a PS4 next year when the price drops more substantially. A three year old console is still "recent" isn't it? :lol: Maybe I'll buy the PS6 on release.

So games I'm possibly considering getting for the PS3: Infamous, Enslaved, Wet, Bionic Commando, SSX, Deus Ex, Spec Ops: The Line, Remember Me, Mirror's Edge, Binary DOmain, Vanquish, Lost Planet 3, Hevenly Sword, Lost Oddysey.

What's the consensus on that list? Any definite NOPE!s? Any additions! I like action packed bright colourful games and dislike heavily gory/scary games.

#22 741852963, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't think Lost Oddysey is on PS3. There's quite a lot of Jrpgs on PS3 anyway so you're hardly going to be starved for choice.

Wet and Bionic Commando I'd avoid like the plague, heard nothing but horrible things about them. I'd swap out Heavenly Sword for Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising too.

May fall foul of your "no scary games" rule, but the Souls series (Demon's and Dark) are well worth looking into. You can play them in any order because they're not linked in any way, but the general consensus quality wise is DS1 > Demon's > DS2.

4. sharkpool

definitely uncharted 2.
    don't know what you're into but i'd suggest: assassin's creed 2 and brotherhood, far cry 4 and/or 3, la noire, borderlands and fallout 3

5. 741852963

Thanks! Yeh, you are right, it's XBox 360 only. I'm sure I'll find something, I like RPGs with a FF12 style of art (not too cartoony, nothing like Valkyria Chronicles style), and with good characters. Its a shame as before release I was looking forward to FF13, but on watching a friend play it, it looked linear to the extreme. I think it would be a bit of a let-down so I'm avoiding!

Wet seems to really divide opinion (its very Tarantino looking so I do like that), I've seen odd comparisons to Bayonetta actually although they do seem completely different. Like you say HS seems closer to Bayonetta. I'll give them a look.

Dark Souls looks a bit too dark for me (I guess the clues in the name), not in a scary sense, but in a "bleak" one. Plus is it sandbox a bit like Skyrim? Not a fan of them, I like games where the story is just a little more "restrained". As you can imagine from those two dislikes I didn't especially enjoy playing my friends Fallout!

I do actually strangely like watching scarier games (I love the stories of Bioshock, GoW, The Last of Us etc). Just often too chicken to play alone! I don't know how people do it, I couldn't even play PS1 Resident Evil back in the day, maybe it takes practice? :lol:

I'm going to wait till I get the PS4 and buy the Nathan Drake collection. Reason being Unchartered and Destiny are the main games I've been looking forward too - so I want them in their full remastered glory!

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a PS4?!