1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by superin, Oct 24, 2015.

1. superin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Everyone,

Im 33 years old and been gay for pretty much my whole life but have never acted on it. Nobody knows anything and it's starting to take a toll on me! I have a good job, good car, good friends and a good family but not of that feels like its enough! Im not sure what to do or if I have the strength to come out but I really want to. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :smilewave

Are your family accepting of the LGBT community? When I didn't know my family's opinions, I asked what they thought of Caitlin Jenner's transition. If you're not sure then maybe just ask them things like 'What's your opinion on gay marriage?' so then you can sort of get an idea on whether they're anti-LGBT or not. There are lots of other ways you can come out if you don't think you can do it face-to-face. Over the phone, text, write a letter, on social media, bake a cake (there are more but those are just some examples ^_^). You can always search online for more ideas. From experience, I've just always had this time where I felt ready to come out. I was nervous every time but afterwards I felt a bit better because I felt like I was being myself. Good luck!

3. InLoveWithAGirl

I'd say come out. Tell the people that matter. Talk first to the one you love the most, whoever is the most accepting and then move from there.

And then, act on it! Be happy! Do what you have to do to get to where that toll doesn't exist anymore.

I think once you tell them, you will feel so much better, like a weight being lifted.

4. superin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for your advice...I mean I think they will be fine because we do have a gay cousin and they're fine with but I don't know...this is hard. Thanks a lot though!

5. 50ishandout

Coming Out will be liberating. Discuss your sexuality with the one member of your family that you know will give you the most support and go from there.

Best of Luck.

6. superin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly though call me cold hearted or anything but I'm not so worried about their reaction as me being able to say it out loud!! I feel like they will be fine but even if they're not I WILL be ok. I've been out of the house and the state for 12 years now and doing just fine. does that make any sense. I don't mean to sound cold, I'm just expressing my thoughts...this is just a weird mix of emotions!!

7. InLoveWithAGirl

That's totally fine! :slight_smile:

It's great that you feel comfortable to the point of being okay no matter what they say or think. That's a really good thing and it's not heartless. It just means you value yourself.

8. superin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you!!! Came out to my 200% straight best friend today!!! YIKES!!

9. InLoveWithAGirl

Wow that is really amazing!!!!! High fives man!

10. 50ishandout

Props to you. It's always amazing when you get such positive support from the Uber straight friends.

Congrats and enjoy yourself.

11. superin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And another one today...this is getting real!! Everything is going good though...I'm stoked!!

12. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Right on superin!