1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is Strange Episode 5: Polarized discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Serperior, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    ************SPOILERS MASSIVE SPOILERS************************

Holy shit that ending... :/ I'm pissed we had only 2 choices but I feel the devs wanted us to either have extremely sad option A or extremely sad option B.

Also I wish we would have learned more about Rachel Amber. I think there's a lot more than just an OD to her story.

For anyone wondering I sacrificed Arcadia Bay.

#1 Serperior, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I just finished watching it from pewdiepie & I got teary-eyed :dead:

imo I think sacrificing Chloe was the right decision because it seems more humane than literally killing an entire town for one person. Like, okay everyone's dead because I saved you, I don't think I can live knowing that.
    But it also hurts, I didn't want her to die >.< Chloe & Max made a good team. Option B, where you sacrifice Arcadia Bay, I thought Chloe would've checked to see what happened to her mom at the diner? But I guess she didn't. Also, did the game say where they're going to at the end or was it just "ride off into the sunset" thing.

3. Lazuri

Fuck Arcadia Bay, nobody kills my Chloe. Yeah, I'm selfish, but whatever.

4. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't think everyone would've died if she Destroyed arcadia bay

5. Eleanoir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By the end of the game, I felt a lot like Max, in that my only priority was Chloe Price. And I didn't quite mind the endings, the 'Sacrifice Arcadia Bay' ending wasn't as substantial, but that's because it was a bit rushed, from what I've heard.

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

But it didn't show anyone alive in the ending where she saved Chloe?

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2015 at 12:48 PM ----------

Yeah I agree, it wasn't as substantial.

7. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It didn't really show anything when she saved Chloe I wish they would've added more details to what happened. I feel like the ending where Chloe dies is the canon one and Chloe living was rushed.

8. Eleanoir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Budget and time constraints.

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2015 at 01:37 PM ----------

It's actually kind of ironic, when you think about it.

9. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Yeah, if it didn't feel so rushed I think it could've been a better ending. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. RainDreamer

I binged the whole game the last few days. All these feels. Can't hold them all.

So, here are somethings I thought about the final episode:

The frigging stealth section:
    You know, now that I think about it, I just realized why the stealth section is there. See, Max is going through literal Hell for herself. But what is Hell for us gamer? Fking random stealth section combined with finding those fking bottles (well, bottles are optionals, but still, Max did quipp about she is really being in hell when seeing missing bottles in the dream section).

Well play Dontnod, well play. Casting us to gamer's hell so we understand how awful it is for her.

Final choice:
    About the final choice, it might seem on the surface that it is incredibly arbitrary and all other choices you made in the games are meaningless, but they are not. Think about why you are so angry at that choice. You feel like all the things you did would be meaningless if you choose to sacrifice Chloe and undo everything you have done. That is what Max felt too.

Sacrifice Arcadia ending:

I am really disappointed with this ending too. Especially when they just smile and goes off to the sun set like that. Just a while ago Chloe was going on about her mother and everything. Now she just accept it like that? I thought at least they would both look at each other solemnly before they leave the town one last time, and talk about accepting this whole reality they are in now before going off for good, leaving their past behind. Let the gravity of their choice sink in, so to speak.

Hell, I didn't even get a kiss from Chloe for sacrificing a whole town for her... >.>

I am glad I played this game though. Max's love (and it is totally love!) and devotion to Chloe is so amazing. She is willing to bend space and time just to save the one she loves.

#10 RainDreamer, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  11. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I read that if you hug Warren it won't let you kiss chloe at the end, probably a glitch

12. RainDreamer

Whaa.

I thought it was only the sacrifice ending that we get a kiss, for that whole teary departure kiss cliche and all that.

13. zigazigah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it is only the sacrifice ending, but not every sacrifice ending I've seen has had the kiss, which makes me think it depends on how you treat Chloe and Warren in the earlier episodes (kiss Chloe, don't kiss Warren, etc..). It's silly that only the sacrifice ending gets the kiss though. It's like, choose between tragic dead lesbians or non-canon living gal pals lol.

I do think that it is easier to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. The story didn't really make me feel attached to Arcadia Bay, so I didn't feel like it was a decision that weighed on the character as much as sacrificing Chloe would have.

14. Eleanoir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read somewhere in an explanation from the creators that they didn't include any kisses in the sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending because it just sort of would have been in poor taste. Chloe and Max having feelings for each other is canon so long as the right choices were made, it just wouldn't have been exactly appropriate to make out as almost everyone you know and love is dying, I suppose.

Not sure if that's exactly what it was, but I think that's what I remembered!

15. wkchong

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I played it calmly as I did for the previous episodes without any expectation (well, at least hoping for a good ending in my terms), knowing Dontnod's strength—plot twist.

What scared me a bit is the birds crushing the windows, Kate's blood stain, and candles on the floor. The nightmare felt quite real.

I sacrificed Chloe in the end as I knew it was her lesson in the first place. She got her wishes come true, but she was not happy. However, I will replay it some other time and goodbye Arcadia Bay then. :icon_bigg

16. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It seems my opinion differs a lot from most peoples. I sacrficed Chloe, but that's just my ethical standpoint. But I was a bit dissapointed with the sacrfice arcadia bay ending cause the way they smile at each other is so fucking stupid because tons of their friends and loved ones are literally dead and they look proud of that.

I sacrficed Chloe, mostly because it's not fair that she's alive. I guess you could say "Chloe is all that matters" but I don't know about you but I would sacrfice my best friend or myself in order to save hundreds of people without a doubt. But if you think about it in another way, people are theorising that dontnod will make a sequel based off of the sacrifice arcadia bay ending, which in all honesty would dissapoint me.

#16 Frisk, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  17. Minori

I actually dressed as Chloe for a gaming convention right after episode 5 came out~
    I also, sacrificed Chloe. But thats because saving one person over the whole town seems....wrong

18. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sacrificed Arcadia Bay at first and was really scared if i really killed everyone or some people did survive
    anyway i replayed the other ending and it fucking sucks the only good thing about it is the kiss but it made me cry and i just couldnt handle it why didnt max warn the town about the whole thing in the first place??
    she fixed everything but she kept forgetting that the storm is coming even though she saw in her vision what day its coming she could have saved chloe and the town ......
    i hate the ending and i still want to cry seeing max in the bathroom crying while knowing her best friend\lover is getting killed in the same room with her doing nothing........that fucking sucks !!!!! someone kill me im so emotional with all this

19. MissMook

I sacrificed Chloe.

Not because I didn't like her or anything like that, hell, she was awesome and I really didn't want to do it. But I understood that the way time works, she was meant to be dead at a certain point and keeping her away from death would only prolong it even more. You see Chloe at risk of death quite a lot throughout the story after you save her and time itself has it out for her in order to keep the natural balance.

Also, it was totally worth getting that sweet kiss! ^0^ And the ending scene was very sad, but like the rest of the game, very well shot and directed.