1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So unhappy about my weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jamie1975, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Jamie1975

:smilewave Hey guys

I am really sad at the moment. I am terribly overweight and don't want to be any more.

Started off at 26 stone 4 and have lost nearly 4 stone in the last 7 months since joining Slimming World but know I need to lose another 9 stone or so and want it to happen quickly.

Have tried the gym but don't stick to it, same with most other types of exercise too.

Need some hugs as it is really getting me down

xxx

:tears::tears:

2. DinelodiiGitli

Ay, don't stress friend.
    Though I myself am not (currently) over weight I do have an eating disorder which causes a similar feeling. Try not to worry to much and pat yourself on the back for how far you've come so far. :eusa_clap
    I wish you best of luck.

[​IMG]

3. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had a shirt period of being incomfortable with my belly fat even though I am rather light.I just can't seen to lose it. Stick with the slimming world and you should be fine. What do you enjoy doing?Do whatever you enjoy doing and it will help you take your mind off your weight. Don't stress but don't lose weight too quickly as that is bad for you as you may already know. Meditation exercises might help.Fir me when I am down,I close my eyes and take deep breaths in through the nose andout through the mouth.This is very calming once you focus on your breathing.Talking to your doctor may also be of some help to you as some are able to give counselling services.

Most of all, DO NOT judge yourself by your weight and nobody would be judgin youby your weight.If your 'friends' and I really stress the quotation marks are mocking you because of your weight they are not really your friends.A friend is a caring person who is there to help you in time of need.People should judge you for who you are.Think about what you think is positive about yourself and ignore the negatives. Keep focusing on these positives when you are down and it should help a great deal.

Good Luck,
    TheBiBoy

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why are you sad? You should be PROUD! 4 stones is an amazing amount. What's important is that you're making progress.

Speaking from someone who was borderline obese before (16.5 stones/231lbs for my height of 170cm/5'7"), I know what it's like to be overweight, and it's rough. You're going to hit your road bumps, and this is just one of several.

But think about it - you're undergoing a journey that not everyone can do, and you're doing fantastically. Keep it up, and keep me posted. :slight_smile:

5. Jamie1975

Hi Steve

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes I am very pleased with how much I have lost but also feel there is still so far to go as I want to lose about 12 stone in total. And losing it at 1 or 2 lb a week seems so slow. (and yes this week I put on a pound)

I just feel my life is on hold until I have lost all of this weight which might take upwards of 2 years at this rate.

I also wonder if this will make me more lucky with the guys as a lot at the moment just reject me straight away because of my weight (and because of the small size of something else, but that's another story completely !!)

Believe me I do want to carry on and am proud of what I have lost so far but am not a patient person when it comes to losing weight. I want it to happen over night, which I know isn't going to happen

But thanks again for your support

Jamie
    xx

:smilewave

6. brightbutterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there Jamie,

I think it's great that you have joined Slimming World.

I don't know what you do to motivate yourself in this process but I would suggest setting up a calendar where you list your plans for this process and then spread these plans over the period you want it to happen. For example if you feel that you need to exercise more regularly the calendar could be a nice way to motivate yourself and keep an overview.

7. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Losing 1-2 lb per week is actually really solid! As frustrating as it is, I know, you're far more likely to keep it off in the long run if your loss is slow but steady, as opposed to drastic. I think with exercise, it can help to identify what your barriers to it are, and get creative to overcome them. Have you considered weight training? Lifting isn't all about building massive muscles - it can be a great way to burn calories and tone up at the same time. Just an idea.

8. Faazi

Sending them HUGS .... I wish I could lose any weight, but I ahev given up a long time ago ... proud of you for working at it

9. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Of course. I mean... when you do lose the weight, all the fat in your pelvic area will go away, so you'll gain several inches.

But... LOL. I'm not even sure if we're thinking about the same thing.

Anyway, yea, keep at it. I know exactly what you're talking about - wanting it to be all done with overnight, but it'll happen, and people WILL notice. I've gotten a lot of interest from other guys since I've lost weight. I'm actually not used to it, but it's a nice feeling.

10. Jamie1975

Yes Steve, I do mean my penis, there go I said it.

Have always been small in that regard and circumcised, which again is more unusual in the UK so have never really thought much of myself in that regard. Just wish us lads could have a penis enlargement like ladies can with their boobs if they want to. Not fair I say !!

Jamie
    xx

11. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha! Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but penis size doesn't really matter to me. And I do mean it. Sometimes, a bigger penis can make it quite problematic to do anything. I'll admit I've actually hurt my mouth and caused my jaw to painfully click because of one instance.

So... yea. Don't you worry. A person will love you no matter how big you are down there.

Anyway, this is about weight loss, amirite? xD