1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Broken

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anthemic, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my gf and I just broke up. It was mutual. But I can't help but feel really sick and sad about it. For the past few months, she's been really grumpy and stressed because of her new job, and she would snap at me a lot. That caused some problems but we still stayed together. I just feel very empty right now.

2. ScatteredEarth

Don't worry, coming from experience, it gets better, but first it's gonna be rough, and it's gonna test your resolve in the end. I still haven't completely gotten over my breakup, and I've been warring with it for a little over a month, which granted, isn't that long relatively, but just something you can possibly expect.

If you want someone to talk to, you can talk to me, I'm no adviser or anything, but I have at least a modicum of understanding as to what you may be going through. There's also plenty of other lovely people here that will talk to you if you reach out to them :slight_smile:

3. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Did y'all attempt to work thru her snappiness? Did you feel incompatible and the break was necessary or was it cause you werent getting along?

Just curiosity, i guess, it seems like a lot of people tend to believe when your fighting a lot etc that it must end or you no longer work, when really relationships are hard and require a lot of maintenance (like shit tons).

I'm sorry y'all broke up and i hope you are able to work thru your feelings and heal. Take it asalesson for yournext relationship, or figure out if you all should have another go.

**Hugs**

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for replying. I was dealing with another breakup last year, and she kinda helped mend my heart. For a while I wondered if I even loved her as much as I should, but now I know I do. It's so hard right now. I feel nauseous.

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2015 at 09:58 AM ----------

She admitted that she loves herself more than me and that she's selfish by nature. So it wasn't just the fighting. *hugs*

5. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh that blows, im sorry. My husband is entirely selfish by nature but tries NOT to be. If shes not willing to adjust and is perfectly happy being selfish that aint gonna work. Im really sorry for your hurt. Time heals all hings, as shitty and cliche as it sounds it really does. Give yourself time to feel sad and broken, put yourself back together and move on. (*hug*)

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's just that I never saw this in her. It took me completely by surprise. She was so kind behind her grumpiness. I'm hoping that she realizes she was wrong. But it most likely won't happen.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So she said that the constant arguing is what broke us apart. She doesn't know if she is still in love with me. But she said she could definitely fall back in love with me. So I guess that's a good thing, right?

8. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes it could be as long as you botb are willing and able to make an effort in resolving your issues. Fighting is normal in relationships, its how you fight/what you say that can be damaging.

Ts a step and i think if you both really want this for each other its fixable :slight_smile: good luck hon!

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much!
    Thing is, we are in a long distance relationship. So that makes it harder. She said she wants to be just friends right now and work back up to that trust and such. It's so hard because I'm scared that I'm getting my hopes up.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm getting very discouraged because she hasn't texted me all day. I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. I truly wish I could read her mind sometimes, as creepy as that sounds. I may go see a counselor about it, because I am desperate for advice. I'm trying very hard not to text her because I know she likes her space. My mind is telling me to give up because if she truly loved me, she'd be texting me. But last night I said, "Don't ever feel sorry for me. The only time I want you to feel sorry for me, is when I'm dead." Then she said, "I wouldn't feel sorry for you. I'd feel sorry for me, because my world would be empty." She says these things, yet she can go all day without texting me, so I really don't know. :frowning2:

I could really use some more advice.

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So tonight I told her goodbye.