1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How happy with your current place in your journey are you?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by cate1515, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Distant Echo

ive discovered im further along I thought today. and its good

2. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like this is where I'd like to be atsome point. I tftend to feel like immore gay than bi and not sure how this would work for us. We've realized over the last couple days our marriage is nor gokd right now but both of us want it to be. I came out to my younger sister today, kind of. So im getting there. I am not happy atall as far as relationships and life is concerned. I have crushes on two girls i reallg dont want to have crushes onthose feelings are getting to me and the stress/intensive work that is going to come along with fixing our marriage. My depression and anxiety are terrible right now and i cant get a handle on it it seems. So i think my journey is shit for the most part and hate most of it.

I know time will help this as will counseling. But long term i hope to figure things out and be content like bi2mmehas explained. Most of it anyway.

3. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I fluctuate greatly. Right now im not happy at all with my place. :frowning2: I wish things could be different.

4. UniqueJourney

Thank you for your kindness.

5. Lindsey23

I'm happy because I no longer feel a crushing shame whenever I think about my sexuality. I would like to meet people and get involved in the LGBT community though. Baby steps...

6. Logan40

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm impatient and still feeling tentative. While I am definitely in a better place with the help of some therapy and loving friends, the fact remains that I have bottled up all sexuality for a very long time and have not physically explored the way I would like, and now I'm not quite sure what to do next.

7. Snever2late

I am about 20% happy. I am feeling some guilt about coming out and choosing to be a single mom to a 2 year old son. I just ended a very intense relationship that ended up being emotionally abusive, and am really struggling to pick up the pieces. I am happy that I know myself more, but feel like I have alienated a lot of people, and that I have yet to find people I can just be myself with. I find myself spilling all my dirty laundry to people I barely know because I'm so starved for that kind of emotional intimacy. Maybe I need therapy, but the last therapist I went to took my money while telling me I was completely normal and logical. I want someone to make me work and grow as a person. I want to be happy and more financially stable. I want to not feel so completely isolated as a lesbian single parent.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What sort of reaction did you get from your old friend?

Even without the topic of sexuality, life is one big journey. That goes without saying. It ebbs and flows. Some days I feel ok about it ... and some days I don't. I can't control that and, sometimes, neither can my meds ...

9. UniqueJourney

You are not alone!! I can relate to just about everything you said.

I have no one in-person who I can relate to, talk to, or hang out with. It's difficult to not have any social interaction of depth. I have struggled with the same tendency to over share because of the social/emotional isolation.

My advice is to try a different counselor. They're all very different. The one I'm currently seeing is a tremendous help, but the one before that (although she is a lesbian herself) was of no help.

And also, are there any Meetup groups where you live? You could try a moms group or something related to things you're interested in. I live in a more rural area so I have to drive about an hour to join these, but I'm trying to go do something at least once a month. A board game meetup, hiking meet up, etc. Something that gets me out around new people that enjoy some of the same things I do.

Hang in there and keep your chin up! (*hug*)