1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking younger men?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Oct 19, 2015.

1. nate16

I think that a really important aspect to take into account is how you two communicate. If their are problems in how you communicate early on, that would be a red flag for me. this is one situation where I would advise being as open and direct as possible from the start. Especially with the potential power dynamics, ensuring that you're both on equal footing is important.

2. scub

i don't think age matters once you reach a certain point.. Ie: 20+ yrs old.
    i wouldn't mind older men if they at least looked their age and were well groomed and took care of themselves, i typically don't like hairy balls :wink:
    i've seen guys well into their 40s that look very good for their age, and i've also seen 25-30 yr olds that look like they could be my father (i'm in my 30s, but could pass as a 25 yr old).

#22 scub, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  3. Chicagoblue

Younger guys are attracted to me. I return the favor.

4. Viator

I am struck by something; the age difference between 19 and 21 is tremendous. Think about it, did you know what the hell you were doing at that age? But you didn't say anything about a teenager, so I digress. I'm currently in a relationship with someone not quite 5 younger than I am, is that really "a younger man," that depends on your point of view.

I would echo what was said about the risk of not finding a stable relationship by virtue of someone of a much young age not wanting to "settle down" quite yet, that could cause a lot of grief.

5. Richie.

I spouse in some ways I have daddy issues (who doesn't). I like cuddling and feeling safe. I love grey hair and beards always a turn on.

A shrink would have a field day with me lol

6. steve200

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This was interesting thread to skim through.

I recently came out to self and some others and I am exploring the whole thing. For me, it comes down to a maturity level. I was seeing a younger guy for a while and I felt like he wanted to play games, then I was seeing a guy that was younger than him and he seemed very mature. Of the handful of guys I've hooked up with or just hung out with since exploring my bisexuality/homosexual side the one I have been most attracted to is my age, but we are only friends. I think age can make a difference, but it depends on the individual. I've met some jackasses that are older than me and I have met some very mature people that are in the mid-20 range. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I stay away from people that aren't old enough to order a drink at a bar in the U.S. and tend to prefer people closer to my age. When it comes to dating or casual sex it can depend of course.