1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first time you went to a different restroom

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AncientShark, Oct 18, 2015.

1. AncientShark

Out Status:
    All but family
    What was your first time like? Whether you entered the female restroom instead of the male and vice versa, etc. Someday I want to be brave and enter a male public restroom, but I can't be spontaneous about it; I need to prepare myself, so I want to know what to expect.

:slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was pretty scary really. I went into the men's bathroom in the student center of my college. It was later at night, so nobody was there. I felt like somebody was going to come in at any moment and bust me for using the wrong bathroom. Thankfully, nobody came in.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Are you waiting in line?"

Yes.

"Ok".

And that was it.

4. Just Jess

Yeah lines suck now :/

5. nillawafertree

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in highschool and due to school problems I can't transition now or even change pronouns, but when I go on vacation I present fully as male. The first men's bathroom I ever went into was in Disney world, and no one even batted an eye. I (sort of) pass as a prepubescent boy, so no one asked why I was there or anything. The only thing I was nervous about was making eye contact with someone at a urinal! Everything went fine, though, and I used men's bathrooms for the rest of the vacation!

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in high school, I was working on a research paper, so I was at the local university's library. I used the ladies room, and was sorta scared someone would come in and freak out. Nothing happened, though I did make sure to stay in my stall until I heard the girl that came in while I was in there had left the restroom.

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was a few months ago with my brother, no one questioned a thing--I actually felt more comfortable than I ever did in the girls' room.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it was at a doctor's office or a supermarket.

If it was the former, I slipped in without a problem or anyone noticing. As I was leaving, an older man walked in and didn't even notice me. If it was the latter, it's one of those supermarkets where nobody usually uses the restroom, so I had it all to myself. To this day, I never ran into another person while in that store.

If we're talking about the first time I used a restroom with someone already in there, then that happened at a mall. I think someone glanced over their shoulder, but other than that, nobody really noticed me and I was able to do my business in a stall without getting attention.

It was a little scary, but great and liberating once I left.

9. GenderSciFi

I was at a meeting with other trans* people in a bar, and, being very excited and mentally entangled with that, I accidentally walked into the other bathroom. For the first time. It was empty. Of course then I noticed, but thought, whatever, and went ahead. The next time I had to go, and went back to the women's restroom, I felt a shitload of regret... But it scares me, usually, that men are going to look at me like: "What is "that" doing in here?" :icon_sad: Also, I'm shy about the whole urinal situation, so...

WE NEED GENDER-NEUTRAL RESTROOMS!

10. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Having gender questions myself but regardless, I hate using bathrooms for my physical gender. I'm a weightlifter and have a guy's haircut so generally speaking, I get a double take or questioned. I'm confident and usually respond appropriately in this situation but I do wish people would mind their own business and rest assured, I'm far more in the know as to what genitals I have.

11. TheRealTheaJane

I generally use the disabled/baby changing bathrooms when they're available.

The first time I used the girls bathroom was the first night I went out as female. It was in a busy bar on a Saturday night and I was terrified.
    As I was washing my hands a couple of girls walked in. I think they were pretty drunk because they barely looked twice (I look very male atm).
    I haven't done so since; I'm pretty scared tbh.

On a side note: guys may exchange pleasantries in their bathrooms, but I never realised how sociable the girls bathrooms are. It's amazing.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The illusion that women's bathrooms are, in general, cleaner and better kept than men's bathrooms, was shattered.

Women can be slobs, too... LOL...

But if you want details, I just walked in. It was the closest restroom and I had to piss, and I was not going to go down a flight of stairs to the men's restroom--

Which reminds me. In most places I go, the men to women bathroom ratio is heavily favored to women. I know some of the reasons why this is, but it's ridiculous when I see 3 women's bathrooms before I even encounter 1 men's.

13. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not out at all so I'm not sure it's the kind of experience you're looking for but I'm in a sharing mood, Lol. I'm in a very male-dominated business and usually it's just me and a dozen straight guys, So there's this lady's locker room there, un-used except as storage... And there I am, uncomfortable as hell in the men's room as I began accepting that I'm a woman, so I just started using the lady's even though I present as male. It was amazing. We had a girl I'm friends with on the crew for about a year and she didn't care. We have a middle-age woman on the crew now but I still use the lady's when I know she's not around. I feel at home in there, and totally out of place in men's rooms

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, my first time was completely on accident! I was at a Knowledge Bowl competition with my school at a local college, and my friend and I broke off from the group to go talk about something alone. We were next to an empty bathroom when I realized I had to go. Before my friend realized and stopped me, I had walked into the mens' bathroom, thinking it was the womens'. There wasn't a urinal inside, so I only realized what I had done when I came out and my friend asked me if I went into the mens' on purpose (I was already out to her but she knew I hadn't socially transitioned).