1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving EC. Thank you everybody (Maybe temporarily or permanently)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Hey everybody! It's a bit sad to say, but I will be leaving EC. Before you guys make some assumptions, here are the reasons why I'm leaving.

1. I'm not the same person that I used to be.

I came here in 2013, looking for answers and a support group when I was just starting to come out to friends and some family. I was a more insecure person in the past and was more fearful of coming out. Now that I'm out to almost everybody I meet, I feel like EC has done its job

2. I have almost no advice to give.

Initially, I was thinking about leaving earlier this year, but I wanted to stay to give advice. However, it turns out that I don't have much advice to give because I can't relate to most of the members here about their hardships with homophobia, which isn't something I've experienced much at school because LGBT is so accepted here among my peers. People in my community are more concerned with their grades and admission to university than people's sexual orientation.

3. I've been visiting here less and less.

In the past, I used to go on EC at every chance I got. EC was more on my mind than Facebook or YouTube. This was because I felt a bit alone in my world. However, as I began to exponentially come out to more people, grow far more comfortable with my sexuality, and meet more people that are gay and Asian like me, EC has done what it was supposed to, providing a safe space. I became a bit more withdrawn from the threads and the website itself. I realized that I didn't need EC as much as I used to. EC was my first safe space, now it's being replaced with my small circle of friends. The fact that I'm close to them and interact with them in real life has proven that they are a better alternative.

4. First friends on EC are now absent from EC.

I've established many connections with the very first people that have reached out to me in 2013. DeanIsHome and Rivers were the first people that I've met on EC during my hardest time in life and they helped with a lot. Now, they haven't been on EC in months. EC is not the same anymore for me and I wished that I PMed them about Facebook so we could talk more, but too late.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't take my words as if I'm attacking EC. You guys have made a strong impact on my life and served to be an excellent community. I just feel like my work and EC's work is done here. In the past, I was nervous about coming out. Now, I just come out as if someone asked me about my ethnicity.

Maybe I'll come here once in a while to see how things are doing, but I'll mostly be absent. No worries, I won't be gone overnight, I'll try to conclude my time in EC and make the most out of today. Ok, I'll leave by October 18, 21:00 PST.

To Admins, please don't delete my account. I want to leave it up here as my own legacy to EC. I want members, either they are struggling to come out or want to know more about me as a person, to read my posts, threads, and blog posts.

Thank you everybody. Good luck to everybody in life :slight_smile:

#1 anthonythegamer, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best wishes to you, Anthony. :grin:

3. ScatteredEarth

I hope you find what you need and want in life, hard to imagine it's been two years already.

4. sugarcubeigloo

lol, OK.

Forgive me, I just never quite understand the need for threads like these.

But I am glad that you are in a much better place. Good luck!

5. ScatteredEarth

Well there's really no need for any thread when you think about it. The reason I like to interpret is that he wants to have an explanation for his absence rather than just poof off of the site. Anthony was one of the first people I ran into when I joined the site and I sorta felt more comfortable knowing that people around my age were here as well.

6. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I don't understand either. I'd rather have a good bye thread which says 'fuck you all' :lol: but we can't all get what we want.

#6 Kinky, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  7. sugarcubeigloo

lol. Now that's something to read! :lol:

No, I get it. I didn't mean for that to be interpreted negatively. I meant the finality of it all. He's always welcome to pop in at anytime. :slight_smile:

#7 sugarcubeigloo, Oct 18, 2015
  8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    lmao!

Back to you anthonythegamer, I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile:

#8 justin88, Oct 18, 2015
  9. Yosia

Nice to have you around and sorry to see you go.
    Best of wishes! <3

10. littleraven

I'm glad EC fulfilled its purpose. Take care. :slight_smile:

11. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All the best Anthony! Never got to "meet" you, but hope that all is well for ya!

12. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm glad EC's helped you:slight_smile: Go be you!(&&&)

13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, glad EC helped you, and I think you also helped just as much, by being a friendly, welcoming person, who made a lot of people (myself included) feel at home.

Good luck in all you do, and poke in to say hi when ya can,

~H. Pup

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really understand the point of "leaving" a forum. I basically assume that whenever I leave I will just become less and less active until I eventually stop coming. It's not like it's necessary to leave and never come back. When it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen naturally.

But best of luck!

#14 Austin, Oct 18, 2015
  15. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See you Anthony, and all the best.

16. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Anthony,

It's great to hear that you got what you came for. Sorry to hear that you're going, but I'm thrilled about the reason.

Be happy, and enjoy this next phase of your life. Consider returning when you do have sufficient experience with life that you have advice to give.

*hugs*
    -- Annika

17. Final word: I will officially log off if EC, after I post this.

Just to let you guys know. I made this post so I don't just suddenly disappear. My first friend on EC, DeanIsHome, just disappeared without saying goodbye, and that still kinda hurts me as to this day. He experiences homophobia within his family and when he left all of the sudden, I was automatically concerned.

I didn't want some of you guys to have that feeling of uncertainty. Thank you for your wishes and perhaps I'll pop back in soon, maybe January 2016. Until then, gayme on :slight_smile:

18. C P

C P

Though it appears you have gone already, I have to say that your posts that I've seen have been among the more pleasant ones I've read.

I understand the feeling of losing most original friendships among here, so I especially understand that part of you leaving. At least your time here has been fulfilling enough that you cared to make a notice of your departure.

Maybe I'll run into you (though unnoticed) during some random 'gay'ming session, heh.

Ciao.