1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to my mom

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ebda30, Oct 16, 2015.

1. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    She made me cry. She told me the most reassuring thing. Which is what others have been saying but she said it so differently

You are shifting in your mold. With these shifts in life the people close to you also experiencethese shifts with you. They have two options, to accept that you are shifting into something different and fit into this new mold with you. Or they can choose to break free and move one. Id they choose not to accept this shift that is their choice and does not reflect on anthing that you are having to deal with right now. Thr choice is there to shift with you or to move on. You do you.

She also told me that living my authentic self does not mean fitting into any other mold but being accepting of myself and proud of it. Letting go of the shame and living freely should be my only concern right now.

I seriously could not believe how wonderul it was to talk to her she did not sound surprised. Shes known about my recent deep depression and was asking about it so i told her that im pretty sure ive been wrong about my sexual orientation and its causing a lot of darkness. She was so fucking supportive and calming, loving even which was a bit of a shock.

Wanted to share, i paraphrased but what she explained was amazing

2. Natasha Elyssa

That' great! <3 ^-^

3. Shadowsylke

Wow, that's really amazing. So awesome for you! Go mom! :eusa_danc

4. CameronMR

Congratulations!!

5. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Way to go mom! How amazing of a response is that? You have a pretty cool momma!

6. littleraven

That's awesome. :grin:

7. High Art

your mom sounds like an awesome person :slight_smile:

8. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WTG! Your momma sounds like an awesome lady, and she has a great perspective on life.

9. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome!! That's such a great perspective and very encouraging. Happy for you:slight_smile:!

10. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks everyone. I was so nervous to tell her. Shes always been non judgemental toward people that were different rhan her and never showed signs of homophobia when we were kids always to be accepting but never really told us how to know or what to do if we feltthat way. It was always "they are boen that way, not like us" type things so i was nervous how shed take it.

I also told her how i dont really identidy as a female but not as a boy either, more like both or neither.(was also shocked to hearher describe genderqueer and genderfluid, which is what helped persuade me to xome out) she reflected on my childhoodand howwhen i was very young i always dressed in girliethings but as i got older i was thr biggest tomboyand ran right along with my older brother (i did, i wanted to be just like him, looked up to him in a lot of ways)

I told her about my therapist and the things shes said to me and why i stoppped going, she was pretty appauled with what was said to me (moat od toucalled that one about my therapist lol)

It was a shock cause my mom and i have alqays been pretty close. But have our moments and my mom has some mental health issues. She was abusive when we were kids but not because she was hateful, but because she had a lot of demons she couldnt figure out. Shes had a rough life and i kind of lost site of how nurturing she really can be, put a different light on her, to me, in a way. I feel like ive been caring for her emotional well being for so long it was interesting? To have her be so helpful.

11. TeaTree

Congrats,and this was an amazing reaction from your mom :slight_smile:

12. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Shes being great. Made a coded fb status last night for me with a meme. If i knew how to share memes on here i would :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Minori

I'm happy for you :grin: I really am.
    When I came out to my mom as trans, she made it seem like no big deal but I was crying because I was terrified. She accepts it, but doesn't fully support. she thinks its weird. My father doesn't know though...

14. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's absolutely wonderful that your mom wasn't surprised and that you were able to speak with her, and that she is so supportive. It took a lot of courage to come out to her, and you did it. Well done! :slight_smile:

15. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your Mom sounds great.