1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your BF/GF/SO????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by waternation, Oct 14, 2015.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh listen to my super romantic story! (LoL)

I was working at a gas station that had a Subway in it. I had just moved from California to Idaho to the middle of freakin' nowhere, SD. (Its a looong story LoL) So it was my first job upon moving here. My BF also worked there and was going to school. We were friends.

I sadly had just experienced a break up but we started hanging out more and more. Soon enough I went to California to visit my family for Thanksgiving and while I was there we became official. He picked me up from the airport and dropped the l word.

Now we live together in the "big city" and are at 11 months.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend and I met at a party hosted by her housemate/cousin and my close friend. Funnily enough, that friend had been joking about how she was inviting heaps of lesbians and she was going to set me up with someone - last thing she expected was for me to fall for her cousin.

3. StoicHeart

I actually met my girl on rule34 0//0 I was depressed and feeling pretty down and lonely and really hating myself for being gay :frowning2: so I commented on a few pics . I got a few hits back that fizzled out after a couple emails but then my girl found me and we started talking and one thing led to another and we started having long distance dates were we would rent the same move and watch it together while on the phone talking. It was a year and a half or so b4 we actually got to meet. We had a great time
    It was the first time I'd ever had a gay relationship and also been visible gay in public 0//0. We've had ups and downs and there r still problems but we r working them out and hoping to get to spend this Christmas together in the home I just bought a couple months ago <3

#23 StoicHeart, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. waternation

waternation Guest

It was so interesting reading all of your stories^^ Thanks everyone!! And StoicHeart, that's an interesting idea to have long distance dates like that! I'm glad it all worked out for you and everyone, oh and sorry to those who are aromantic I forgot to include how you met your LGBT friends as well. And BMC77, your novel sounds so sweet! I hope you get it published. I was editing one for a friend earlier this year with a similar theme :slight_smile: It seems that a lot of relationships have started off as friendships or coincidences... Hmm, this gives me hope^^

Thanks for sharing everyone (*hug*)

5. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We took a culinary arts course together, both of us were in college then. I took the course for the skills background and we were doing the dishes after cooking part of the evening. I'm usually really shy in real life (on the computer i'm extremely extroverted and only on places like EC where i feel safe). I really wanted to talk to him but i was too shy, so i kept doing the dishes and handing it to him to dry. He asked me if i was seeing anyone to which i replied that i wasn't. After that we said nothing and just kept doing what we were doing (awkward). After class as we were all going home i was cursing at myself for not talking to him. When he suddenly comes up to me and he asks me out. I said yes and we've been together after that.

#25 Donteatthesushi, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  6. waternation

waternation Guest

Awww, that's such a lovely story^^ Did yous know that each of you liked guys or was it more a feeling/guess?? I imagine the "are you dating anyone" thing would have been awkward with such a direct question as that when you liked him already.... This is actually so similar to how I met my first serious boyfriend, except we were working in a restaurant. What a nice ending. :slight_smile:

7. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tend to be more feminine so i guess it was more obvious. Thank you.

8. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Through an LGBT youth group

9. MrSkittles

On a Friendly/Dating Site

We talked and talked and then out of the blue he asked "Will you go out with me" and I said yes. Im so happy with him now