1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can somebody explain American politics to me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryu, Oct 13, 2015.

1. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a few areas where my views line up more with Republicans than Democrats, or are about midway between the two sides.

I really wish the Republicans could get their heads out of their asses and come up with new ideas. Right now there is no debate, and even if I don't agree with the other side of the debate, debate actually moves things along, identifies and fixes specific problems, and can sometimes find a middle ground where everyone agrees.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

People are brainwashed from an early age to favor one party or the other.

As such, about half the country is brainwashed to agree with what the Republicans say. (I would claim the Democrats aren't much better, but I'm obviously in the minority here).

3. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's like this there are two parties primarily (lets forget the others because who really votes for them even though they have some really good ideas, they're too small or in the case of the tea party they're completely nuts). Republicans are conservatives who hate gays, black, liberals etc etc and love big corporations etc and democrats are liberals incapable of running a country, politically correct to the point of madness, morally preachy soapbox loving, blue collar hugging idiots, They just love to take the side of anyone who they deem the little guy (let's not pretend they really care). They're voted for by the public who most of them can't read or write much less make an informed decision of their own, let alone their appalling lack of knowledge about politics. They vote mostly by how the candidate talks, dresses and looks (lets face it voters are incapable of tying their own shoelaces let alone vote and they vote on superficial standards). Those two parties have presidents and vice presidents, which are decided upon by the elite of their parties within their cultlike organizations. Then the uneducated plebs vote on who they like better (the debate doesn't matter and the plebs outnumber the more qualified voters in this country, an awful truth we have to live with). The better looking, more fancy talking candidate becomes president.

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2015 at 12:13 AM ----------

I hate both sides equally. I can't stand the republicans nor the democrats, the centrists need to make up their mind. The other parties need to relize no one will ever vote for them and quit.

#23 Donteatthesushi, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  4. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is true. As a misanthrope myself i agree with this person's cynical views.
    This is also true. Neither party are saints.

5. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Remember California elected an bodybuilder turned actor for governor to run the state, this whole country voted for AN ACTOR to run the country at one point. That is how stupid we are as a people and why other nations make fun of how stupid we are. Frankly we deserve it.

#25 Donteatthesushi, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  6. ScatteredEarth

I'm a fan of less strict gun control...

But also, Republicans, like democrats, cater to a group of people, obviously the Republican way of thinking isn't compatible with your own, but if someone thinks it, there's sure to be plenty of others that do as well.

There are also more than two parties, HOWEVER, only two hold an actual sway, while others are just sects of those parties

I'd go into a spiel over the differences between the two parties, but that's been more than covered. Should probably note that I lean toward the democratic party, but politically I'm unaffiliated. Even says so on my voter card :slight_smile:

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only one? I thought they both were.

8. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Both are, that is accurate. Neither is any better than the other.

9. guitar

In American politics, blue is red and red is blue. No one knows why.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Republicans scare people into voting, Democrats bribe people into voting. Most people don't vote at all though. That's because they have jobs and can't spend all Thursday afternoon waiting in line at a middle school gym.

So then crazy old folks do all the voting... and surprise! ... We end up with other crazy old folks running the country.

"There's people out there trying to put food on their families" - George W. Bush

#31 armydude, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015