1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you really comfortable being a homo?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Chicagoblue, Oct 10, 2015.

1. 50ishandout

I'm happy with finally being me. Not having to make excuses for this or that. I can just be me. That makes me happy.

2. wanderinggirl

Eek! You have discovered me as not-always-comfortable-with-my-identity! I am sometimes incredibly comfortable with it, feeling like it fits me wonderfully, but sometimes I realize just how much of an anomaly I am and it makes me feel uncomfortable that I don't have a role model for how to gay. I guess said role model is the person I'm dating.

There are days where I walk out and remember I'm gay and it fills me with a sense of self-assurance and freedom. Then there are days where I walk out and I wish I wasn't weird, I wasn't reverting back to a similar style of dress that I had been rejected for by my peers as a kid, and it fills me with a sense of dread. But then it passes and I feel like myself again in this fundamental way, and I remember how comfortable this relationship feels to me vs. past relationships with men, and I wouldn't want to be anybody else if I could choose.

3. lovely lesbian

Sometimes yes sometimes no but in time I will because it is who I am and have always been.

4. Richie.

I'm fine being gay. It's o-kay to be g-ay