1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Genetics Homosexuality Study

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by OnTheHighway, Oct 8, 2015.

1. burg

i cant say it better than you great advice :thumbsup:
    No, Scientists Have Not Found the

2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Don, with due respect, you act on beliefs every single day. What you just stated above is a belief, not scientifically proven. Has it been scientifically proven that belief is meaningless? You believe this in your own head... that's about it as far as I can see.

3. Oh Lilac

Somehow this makes me sad. Data like this will surely be abused, and will people be worried about what they might do "wrong" during pregnancy? They wouldn't worry if some chemical mutation causes any other benign effect on their child, but somehow, people would start watching out for this, thus reinforcing the idea that being gay is a defect of some sorts.

4. ChicoFranco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so glad i did not have the patience to scroll down to the comments. :icon_wink

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It won't stop the ignorant haters. I once had a discussion with an independent Baptist minister and asked him about what if science one day proves that being gay is biological and not just choice? His first reply was "You mean the same science that says we're all just descended from apes?" :rolle:

After a little further discussion, he admitted that being gay might have a biological connection, but said something about humans being wired to commit crimes too, but humans also have free will, and can by praying to God choose not to be sinful, despite having biological urges for the same sex.

6. The Wolf

7. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't get why all the studies on sexuality revolve around homosexuality, I mean, if we tried looking at a different sexuality then maybe we'd find some different answers. Sorry if that sounds rude, but I'm interested in finding out whether sexuality could be changed [in a world where every sexuality was accepted and only be changed at that person's wanting]. Also, why did it take people to realize that homosexuality is a genetic thing for it to be acceptable? Genetic or not ... do/did people actually care about this [and that goes for all sexuality]?

#27 Secrets5, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  8. Sorceress of Az

I know some of you take pride in your selves but don't forget some people are so torn between what they are taught and how they feel that they don't know which to trust or which is right.

People should have the freedom to choose.

Imagine a world free of labels, free of others who tell you what they want you to be,
    Imagine yourself with none of your five senses,
    Imagine just being a mind inside a shell,
    Now keep imagining,
    Forget who you think you are, forget what you're told,
    Think for your self, create for your self,
    Be independent,
    Just think and imagine in your emptiness create your self and awaken to who you are,
    Awaken your senses awaken your mind,
    Awaken to you,
    Subvert the will of the others and replace it with your own,
    Who is queen of me,
    I am who I am!

By virtue and by choice I choose to accept myself for who I am, May the rest be silence for now.