1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 11 yr old boy raped by 21 year old woman

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Simple Thoughts, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

2. FootballFan101

3. Simple Thoughts

It's okay though according to the judge she is soo immature and the boy so mature that the age gap magically closes itself and no crime was committed.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This reminds me of when some Dallas Cowboys cheerleader (?) raped a 12 year old boy, and so many people said how lucky the kid was to get "laid" by a cheerleader. Things like this make me lose hope in humanity, and it's scary.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These are pretty much the exact same circumstances in which a male teacher raped a female high school student, and the judge, no shit (after giving the guy only six months), went "well, she behaved older than her chronological age" (it's on Google, you can look it up).

And the community exploded. I think the judge ended up being formally reprimanded by the Montana judicial branch, actually.

At any rate, this is serious shit, and rape needs to be treated seriously no matter who the rapist is and no matter who the survivor is.

People rape men too, and the same violence needs to be visited upon them that we would expect dealing out in all other circumstances.

~ Adrienne

#5 Pret Allez, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  6. Aldrick

This is beyond abhorrent. It is simply another example of sexual abuse against boys not being taken seriously by society.

I am not sure if it is possible in the U.K., but this Judge should be removed from the bench. ...and this woman. I hope this story follows her for the rest of her life. I also hope Child Protective Services does a huge investigation into this family, and takes the kid away from his father.

7. MetalRice

Seriously, the woman should have been thrown in jail.

8. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Now watch society go "Wow, what a lucky boy!"

Fuck you, society.

9. Simple Thoughts

Society is annoying sometimes =/

10. Distant Echo

^^^^^This.

In Australia we have White Ribbon Day. It is about stopping domestic violence. By men against women.
    Woman against man? Send the man to an anger management course and give the woman counselling for what she has gone through.
    Man against man? Send both to anger management.
    woman against woman? Give both counselling, or better yet, ignore it because there was no man involved.

Drives me crazy. I refuse to support the double standard.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The studies show that female-on-male sexual abuse has the same effect on the child as being violated by a male in terms of attitudes about sex, self-worth, and shame. It's really too bad people can't think critically enough to understand this.

12. BelleFromHell

Shit like this pisses me off to no end. Rape is rape. The rapist and the victim can be any gender, and it's just as horrible regardless of their genders. It makes no fucking difference.

Men can be violated too, and not all women are harmless angels. This is why sexism is so terrible. It doesn't just affect us, it affects EVERYONE. Men who have been raped are often told that they "should've fought back." Some people just can't wrap their heads around the idea of a woman taking advantage of a male, even if that male is still a kid, and it's really fucking sad.

13. ScatteredEarth

It's the basic double standard. "Well men only think with their penises, they love sex, for women it's turrible cuz they wuz inserted into"

And all this happened in 45 seconds? Geez

14. Simple Thoughts

It doesn't take long to commit a terrible act and destroy innocence =/

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow I feel really bad for that kid. That crazy bitch needs to be thrown in jail!

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's horribly sad to see criminal jurisprudence so weakly interpreted. The facts unquestionable and openly admitted, the judge still took a ridiculously soft option on a woman who clearly is a rapist.

How do such awful judges so often get appointed?

17. Aldrick

As I am sure you know, it's not the judges themselves, they are symptoms of a cultural problem. Patriarchal culture encourages us to see women as victims and in need of protection. Because of this it is difficult for us to see women as individuals who make victims themselves as abusers and predators. It also makes it difficult for us to see men and boys as victims, since they are suppose to be the abusers, predators, and protectors. Similarly, in situations like this, patriarchal culture encourages us to see a measure of masculinity as sexual prowess. We see this in the words of the father, as he describes his son as seeing her as 'another notch on his belt.' The flip side of this is that women are slut shamed for engaging in the same type of sexual promiscuity.

These two factors come together to create judicial outcomes such as this.

18. RainDreamer

I wanted to say something, but I am too emotionally drained to say anything. This is stupid and horrifying and frustrating at the same time.

#18 RainDreamer, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  19. Cedar

That kid's testimony should be the only thing that's important. It's sickening to think that there is a "parent" out there that will defend the violator of their own child.

20. Nikky DoUrden

I wish bad parenting would be a crime and the father would'v get some kind of penalty, two questions remain though:
    1) where is the mom in the story ?
    2) how did it came out ? father and babysiter obivously didnt report it, was it the kid ? and if so why the hek would the judge say what he did ???