1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Ben Carson denying evolution and climate change...and "Where did gravity come from?"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Formality

Re: Ben Carson denying evolution and climate change...and "Where did gravity come fro

[​IMG]

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Ben Carson denying evolution and climate change...and "Where did gravity come fro

Climate change is one of the greatest policy challenges for energy, foreign aid and refugee management, infrastructure, disaster prevention, industry and foreign policy. A US president who denies its existence would push the world back in providing a timely response.

As for evolution, showing blatant disregard for established scientific consensus is not a good idea if he should choose to reshape education policy or research funding priorities.

3. Psaurus918

If I was a brain surgeon I'd be pissed this guy is ruining the reputation that brain surgeons are super smart.

If someone doesn't want to believe in evolution that's fine but climate change?! Come freaking on!

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

How is the destruction of the environment for money not a political issue?

5. AlamoCity

I seriously wonder if Republican presidential candidates all believe the party line (including denying climate change/evolution) as an actual belief, or as a shibboleth of sort.

6. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

On top of all the other inconsiderate crap many Republicans do, this one seriously irks me. It's like that old Giving Tree story; what the hell do they plan to do when they've exhausted all of the Earth's resources? Grow things on trees? Oh yeah, there won't be any left. Carson should be getting a brain surgery instead of performing them on other people. =P

7. Cedar

F*cking magnets, how do they work?

8. BelleFromHell

OK, denying climate change is bad, but evolution too? Really? How is this guy allowed to operate on brains, again? Personally, I wouldn't let someone who denies evolution anywhere near my brain.

"Where did gravity come from?" WHAT?!

[​IMG]

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I actually watched it and it's not as bad as it seems, at least in my opinion. And I don't really see what's so dumb about "where did gravity come from?" That is a question the most brilliant physicists are trying to answer... Anyways, he's basically saying "well things are too complicated for us to understand right now so God"... Which I disagree with but still.

And he did say he believes in micro evolution (or something, watched it a few days ago) and some evolution, but apparenty believes God made things mostly as they currently are, but some things have evolved. That's not quite as bad as saying evolution doesn't exist at all. He presumably believes in natural selection, just doesn't believe in the currently accepted base point (a single cell which formed all life). I mean, we have good evidence for that, but at least it's somewhat more excusable.

In addition he did say that we need to take care of the environment. Idc if you believe in global warming or not (even though it's not exactly up for opinion), if you want to preserve our environment, you will believe in and fight for the same things people who believe in global warming will -- cleaner energy. Of course, he likely doesn't actually care.

10. Aldrick

[​IMG]