1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobes that we love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Purp, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    any homophobes in life that you love. I felt kinda conflicted and sorta still do with my father. He kinda wanted to remove me from the family over the summer and kick me out, but came around. He has tight religious/traditional beliefs and is easily influenced by his conservative friends. Some of them found out I was "gay" and he got upset and told me I couldn't come back home after Japan (a trip that was already paid for) and I would be cut off. So I was making plans for a few days after that for what I was going to do but he eventually came around and allowed me back in (something that not everyone gets). I feel that this obviously goes to show he still loves me but I am very confused how to feel because I love him too but I kinda feel betrayed that he chose his own perceived image over his son/ gbf (lol, his only gay friend).

I have mixed emotions on this. I definitely love him but things aren't the same. Anybody else?

2. Yosia

I have a really good friend who is homophobic. We have settled on a 'truce' that they won't say anything homophobic and I won't bring anything up to 'trigger' their homophobic attitudes. This way we get along really well, but I could never really trust them fully because of this.

They do seem to have gotten better though so thats a massive plus.

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Homophobic parents have a tough time. They are dealing with not only processing this new info but also standing up for their kid to their own circle of friends and family. If your dad relented and allowed you back home that may be a good sign that he will at least stand by you as a parent even though he isn't accepting you fully yet. He also may have been influenced by you mom or other friends or family?

4. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My family is although I wouldn't call them "homophobes". I think that word is silly.

5. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^yeah, my mother rallied for me but I think he eventually just calmed tf down. Lol

6. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My father,
    My mom
    and especially my older brother =.= who is the worst type a homophobic can get .

7. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've got three of them...

My mother's a homophobe based on religion. Ironically, she's the one who now knows I'm transgender, and although she's surprisingly accepting, I'm not entirely sure she completely understands what that means, and she still sees me as her "little girl", which is frustrating.

My father is a homophobe, and I'm not entirely sure why, since I'm 90% positive he's an atheist like me. [​IMG]

Then there's my brother, who's only 16, and I think he's just got the typical "dumb teenage boy" mentality towards the LGBT community. I don't know.

8. Simple Thoughts

Eminiem.

I mean even in one of his newer songs 'rap god' his lyrics are fairly homophobic and as weird and backwards as it sounds I really love "Criminal" by him.

Dunno why, something about Eminiem is just hard to hate, even though he's an ass to everyone.

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Nah. I disown such people from my life

10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents are pretty homophobic. My mom seems to think that the majority of gay people get AIDS eventually, and my dad thinks that LGBT people are more likely to abuse children. They have supported me financially while I have been out of work. While I love them, they simply don't understand and don't want to understand. It became embarrassing when they refused to attend my uncle's wedding when he married his husband. I always wonder how much my life would be different with affirming parents. If I hadn't had to deal with the guilt and shame regarding everything sexual, I feel I would be in a better place.