1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibility of being outed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tayrodactyl, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Tayrodactyl

Okay, so I'm actually out to some more people. Some co-workers, my almost-girlfriend (it's a long story lol), most of my friends, and my brother. Most of these people would either never out me or have no ability to out me if they decided to. The exception is my brother.

I still live with my parents right now. My roommate is currently trying to move their mother out of their home, so I'm waiting on that. After I move out, I plan on coming out to everyone. For now... it's imperative I keep it quiet to my family. I came out to my brother earlier this year, when we were very close. I'm not entirely sure what's happened, but suddenly everything is different. When my brother was younger, he had a lot of anger management problems, and they've resurfaced.

Tonight he yelled at me, accused me of being a manipulative liar, and shoved me... because I turned on a light in the kitchen that managed to shine into his room. In the argument, he threatened to out me to my parents before telling me he wasn't speaking to me again. He's 16 years old, so this isn't just a bratty explosion. He's threatened to out me twice before.

I only wish I had some way of getting on his good side while I'm at home. Once I'm out, physically and you know, sexuality, I could care less. I'm actually very open with my parents, and this is the only thing I keep from them, and he knows this. I wish I could fix my relationship with my brother, but right now, it just feels like the most I can do is protect myself.

Anyone know any way to keep me on his good side? Or maintain plausible deniability of bisexuality?

2. eyeofthetiger

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly, beg him not to out you. Remain civil with him and don't give him a reason to be angry at you.