1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music tips? :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Invidia, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Have you all some tips on (new) music you would like to share? :slight_smile: Please feel free to write a little bit about it as well.

I have one piece of new music I just found that made me go like OMG :eek: OMG! This is awesome!
    It's very new. It's a Heavy Metal album. The main vocals are by Jorn Lande, who I have seen live in Sweden. The album is called Dracula - Swing of Death and is a rock opera concept album. I think it is the greatest release this year, along with Iron Maiden's The Book of Souls.
    I love the creative energy I feel in it, the force of Jorn's singing, Lena Fløitmoen Børresen's vocals on the songs she's on are awesome, and the instrumentals all the way through are just to die for.
    Link to a song below. Metal lovers, go ahead. ^.^

So what do you all like for new music that you would recommend to fellow EC'ers? :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]Ccl1yN-dKQ8[/YOUTUBE]

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm afraid I cannot add much to the "metal" category...

However, I'd suggest the following:

Sufjan Stevens - He's an indie artist who has a very unique verging on weird sound. His voice is very delecate, and instrumentals intricate.

Favorite albums: Seven Swans, Illinois, Michigan

Gregory Alan Isakov - A rich, folksy voice which communicates a lot of emotion. His songs are nostalgic and lonely, but also hopeful. Beautiful acoustic instrumentals.

Favorite albums: The Weatherman, This Empty Northern Hemisphere

Coldplay - British alt. rock/pop band with some very good tunes (in my opinion) and nice writing. Great to listen to if you're feeling down.

Favorite albums: Parachutes, Rush of Blood to the Head, X & Y

Olafur Arnalds - Brilliant instrumentalist & composer. His songs often feature piano or strings.

Favorite albums: (all of them, really) but you HAVE TO TRY "For Now I Am Winter"

Jake Bugg - Addictively gritty folkish tunes. He only has a couple albums so...

Blind Pilot - Indie band with the perfect feel good yet somehow simultaneously sad/lonely songs. Unique intstrumentals featuring great beats and a banjo, I think. Also a band with only a couple albums, both of which are brilliant.

1:43 - A small kpop band I recently discovered. I don't know why, but their music just makes me happy. They've only got one album.

Skillet - Very talented and very cool rock band. They just excude coolness. All albums are great but my favorite is Awake.

Got to stop now... I could go on all day.

#2 Kodo, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. Acm

Acm Guest

When you say new music, do you mean new releases, or just stuff that's new to us?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I meant new releases, mostly, but do go on with tips in general if you want! (I'm not the best at being clear sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

5. Jellal

As far as new releases go, the best power metal album to come out lately is Stratovarius' Eternal.

I actually like 9/12 tracks on the album, which is practically a world record percentage for me.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I listened to it just now; to be fair, I was biased before, since I think their last few albums have been terrible, all since they changed the singer; but I did not like it at all. I think Stratovarius was at its peak around when Destiny was released. Then they kind of... lost momentum or something... anyways, I like old Stratovarius; new Stratovarius, not so much, unfortunately. Those are just my thoughts of course, thoug. Thank you very much for contributing! :slight_smile:

7. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I can't recommend any metal, lol.

These guys debuted earlier this month and I've been kind of obsessed with their first mini album 'The Day' ^_^
    [YOUTUBE]x3sFsHrUyLQ[/YOUTUBE]

8. Jellal

I'd don't normally say this, but I like their new material as much as their old stuff, at least on this album.

9. horrorgeek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufWAU8RjC8

I'd probably classify King Tuff as garage rock, but they definitely have a little bit of an indie pop sound and some apparent psychedelic rock influences. All their songs on this album are super catchy; I highly recommend you at least listen to the title track, Black Moon Spell. My favorite song on the entire album is probably Madness, so I also recommend you give that one a listen. Their latest album was released a little over a year ago, and they've toured with Dinosaur Jr., but I feel like not a lot of people know about them.