1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different goals and feeling more independent?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eli Revol, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Eli Revol

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did any of you guys feel like your goals changed, like, thinking of yourself/being your birth gender, you had this list of goals but when you are/think of yourself as your actual gender, you have more different set of goals.

Also, I feel like I am more capable of being alone, independent and actually happy about it when I think of myself as a man as well as being more at peace. Like, being alone would not bother me but I feel like being the gender I am not (female) I need to for example, depend on things like falling in love or liking someone in order to be happy.

But me as my preferred gender, I think I just feel content with myself alone.

Do any of you guys experience this?

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Falling in love is still one of those huge goals for me, but I'vr always know I've could get by if I didn't have it.
    Buy a lot of other goals have changed. From the type of jobs I want to the type of person I wish to be. Since realizing my true gender I feel like I am freer to expand who I can be and what I can do with my life.

3. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because I can't see myself as a female at all, trying to see a future is generally dull and boring, like maybe an office worker who is STILL stuck in Texas. But looking at a future as a man, I see myself doing all, or at least most, of the things I want to do in life.

4. Jellal

When I think of myself as a girl I do feel motivated to become more physically fit, so I can look at my body in a mirror and actually like what I see. If I just worked out as a guy I'd have the eye candy, sure, but I wouldn't have the satisfaction of knowing it was me.

5. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll admit when I was little I was always the "I don't need a man" person. Nowadays, I so badly want to be in a relationship it is SAD. But I think the reason is that I'm closeted to my family, as well as I hide my horror artwork and my longing for piercings because they've already made it clear they aren't at all in support of those things, and so I feel very alone, and I'm desperate to find someone that will just accept me for ME for the love of the gods.

But my goals haven't really changed, I guess. I've wanted to be an artist since 5th grade, and right now I'm on the career path to doing so.

In terms of my behavior, I am WAY more confident, and I feel like my Autism has actually gotten a little better. I'm less moody, less cranky, I beat myself up less when I make a mistake...........
    Life is better, that's for sure.

6. blurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still have the same goals but I just feel more comfortable achieving them. I mean, I may not be able to refer to myself as "the only/first girl in *blank*" anymore but thinking of myself as male makes me feel less self-conscious about everything I do.

I still present as female (as it's hard to stray from the female characteristics I've learned over the years and I've only recently figured this stuff out somewhat) but having that notion motivates me to be more independent, to take initiative.

there's maybe only one goal that I wouldn't be able to achieve...

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My goals are the same but they're stronger. I have more drive now that I can imagine a future that I can really see myself in. I still want the same job, I still want a family (I'm more excited about the possibility of someday being a dad than I ever was about being a mom), I still want to travel. I just want it all more now than I used to because I can really picture it happening, and I can really picture myself being happy.

8. Accius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would have to say my goals are roughly the same as before, though I see myself as a lot happier and successful now since I'm actually going out and working for them while trying to be true to myself and being more forward about my identity. As for relationships, I've always been a very romantic and loving person so I don't expect that to change much. I enjoy the feeling of being loved and loving someone just as much as I did before. I don't think i necessarily need it to survive and move forward in life like i did before, but I still want it just as much.