1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

football season..

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MistyDawn, Sep 20, 2015.

1. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, really? Because obviously, in a discussion in which two NFL teams (Chargers and Raiders, respectively) were already mentioned, the ignorant little Fußball fan would have absolutely no idea that we were referring to American Football. [​IMG] I like to think I'm a bit more intelligent, a little bit more perceptive, than that. It was intended to be a joke. Not a very good joke, admittedly, but a joke nevertheless.

There's no reason to act like a jackass.

#21 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. FootballFan101

Half of Ireland calls it football and the other half soccer

Oh and the owner of the thread said it was ok for us to use other sports

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this "Jakob" was just looking for a reason to pick at someone for absolutely no reason. If he couldn't pick out the obvious sarcasm in my original post, that's his problem, not mine.

#23 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. FootballFan101

Maybe he had a very bad day, or maybe he thought he was being nice enough and messed up the delivery we dont know or maybe he was just as you say looking for a reason to pick on someone

5. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hopefully it wasn't a reason to pick, like barca I am hoping for just a very bad day.

it's okay for a little friendly debate over sports but no reason to go after anyone for a team they may or may not like, so just because please be respectful of others.

If I had a way to edit original post I definitly would as not to cause any issues, If someone does know could you clue me in please and thanks :slight_smile:

6. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it was just a bad day, I can understand that. I'm not the most amiable guy when I've had a bad day, either. But if someone comes at me with sarcasm, or talks to me like I'm stupid, I will respond in the same manner.

But O.K. Let's not completely derail the thread. Back to sports-related things, shall we? :thumbsup:

If you check out the German Bundesliga, steer clear of FC Bayern München. They're easily the most hated team in the country (and for good reason) and the majority of their fans aren't always the best of people, either.

7. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I have heard of this team before from a friend on xbox, I can't remember what was said and if this was the team but I am almost positive. Though any team's fan base can be relentless and it's sad. I will admit I can get a little rowdy and unruly when watching football especially against rival teams lol but sadly in most cases people do get overly carried away.

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The problems with Bayern München are many. I'll make this as short as I can.

One, they are vastly over-funded. They can spend as much on one player as we did on three. Their two biggest signings in the last transfer window add up to more than we paid for all of our transfers.

Oh, did I mention that we're the second-biggest team in the league? And even we can't compete with Bayern financially.

Two, they make it a point to steal everyone's best players, even if they don't actually need them. They've been specifically targeting us for the last few seasons, running off with two of our starters and were trying to run off with Marco Reus, who is easily one of the best players in the sport right now. (At the risk of rambling, I'll just make a long story short and say that they didn't get Reus.)

Three, because they can buy their way to the title every year, the vast majority of their fans are supremely arrogant. They are absolutely insufferable; they think they're the best damn team to ever walk the face of the earth, and boy, will they let you know it.

#28 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  9. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    ugh, that's horrible. Thank god the nfl put cap limits on teams for players otherwise I'm sure the nfl would be a hot mess if this happend.

I seriously despise teams and owners for that kind of thing. So I think I join you and not caring for that team just on those facts alone.

10. FootballFan101

They think that then they play UCL and get knocked out by RM or Barça

11. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They need to do that to the Bundesliga. Bayern has wonbought the league the last three seasons in a row, and are looking like they're going to do it again.

Nobody else in Germany likes them either, unless they're actually fans. There's not really a "Oh, Bayern's not my team, but they're alright" type of person; it's more of "Either you're a Bayern fan, or you f@#&ing hate them."

I know, and I can't tell you how satisfying it is seeing them get knocked out the last two seasons in a row. I mean, so did we, but we're not the supremely arrogant Bayern München, either. And after last season and how much it sucked for us, I think we expected to be knocked out. But Bayern, for all their bluster in the league, haven't made the UCL final in two seasons, and were knocked out of the German Cup (BY US (!)) in the semis last season. It is immensely satisfying seeing them get taken down a peg or three.

I'll stop now, before I turn this into a rant. That's all I'll say about Bayern München, for now... or at least until next Sunday, when we have to play against them.

#31 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  12. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so then as for a game to watch that is comming up what would you suggest? I would like to learn a little bit of this.

I am so glad yall arn't talking about hockey because I have tried to learn that sport throughout the years as seeing how close I live to canada also had friends in the leagues but was never able to watch them. I still don't understand the sport at all, now street hockey where it's just smash mouth get it in the goal type I can do lol.

13. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I need to get into American football

14. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    happydavid, it gets interesting I can gurantee you that :slight_smile:

15. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, as I type this, half the games in the league are going on right now, so I'd suggest catching either game tomorrow. As I notice you're in Washington, those games would be at 6:30 AM or at 9:30 AM, but if you don't want to get up that early you could try to see if a channel replays it later. As a note, FOX has the rights to the Bundesliga in the USA, so those are the channels you would have to check if you have cable/satellite.

Or if you see this message before 9:30 AM PST today, I'd recommend checking out the Hamburg vs ScheisseSchalke match. But either game tomorrow promises to be interesting.

16. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    So one of the games I am able to catch is the west ham united vs norwich city, I havn't found the one you were talking about.

I have satalite (Directv). When I do the search for Hamburg vs Schalke it's showing some other team vs Hamburg.

17. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Which other team is it showing? (Also, if you have DirecTV that game would be on FS2.)

#37 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  18. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nevermind I found it, lol it was me messing up in the guide. Just In case I miss it I am recording it.

I just got hooked up with DirecTV so I am still trying to get used to all their features lol.

19. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright, cool. :slight_smile: Personally, I'm hoping Hamburg wins that one, because, even with all my ranting about Bayern yesterday, it's actually Schalke that is our absolutely hated rival. It's like the "Redskins-Cowboys" rivalry of the Bundesliga.

Also, you might want to give some thought to recording tomorrow's match at 8:30 AM PST. :wink: That one's on FS2 as well.

#39 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 26, 2015
  20. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if you can see this but this what shows up on my guide for games. .

if not it's on my albums on my profile, plus I think it's waiting for aproval from moderator.

[​IMG]

#40 MistyDawn, Sep 26, 2015