1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty Sure I'm Bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by L0ser, Sep 19, 2015.

1. L0ser

I'm about 99% sure I'm bisexual, but there are those times where I kind of doubt myself and wonder if I really am. That 1% of doubt that I can't seem to shake. Ever since I came to the conclusion I was probably bi, this has been happening. Fortunately with less frequency as I've come to accept it myself.

But I still have these doubts. Like, I'm more sexually attracted to girls; and I'm more romantically attracted to guys. Some days it feels like I'm gay, but don't want to admit it. Some days it fells like I'm straight, but don't want to admit it. Sometimes it feels like if I'm not constantly and exactly 50/50 in my attraction to more than one gender; I'm not actually bisexual.

Usually these feelings pass, and most days I'm content and happy with my sexuality. but after nearly two years of these feelings, its getting frustrating.

I'm wondering if any of you have had these thoughts, and if so; how did you deal with them? Because while they're happening less and less, they don't seem like they are going away.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you're feeling is a normal part of bisexuality. It is okay to feel different types of attraction towards either gender. Bisexuals are rarely 50/50. Fluidity is also normal - it's normal to feel "gayer" some days and "straighter" other days. I feel that way a lot of the time too, as a bisexual.

What you're feeling is normal. It's okay.

#2 rhapsodic, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  3. Holmes

That sounds like me at 16. I think a certain amount of fluidity is normal for teens who are on the bisexuality spectrum. And indeed, not just teens, but it's more pronounced at your age. I identify as gay, I'm in a three-year healthy relationship, but still occasionally have sexual thoughts or fantasies about women. Where you feel on the Kinsey scale might change over time: I've fluctuated between thinking of myself as a 2 to a 5.

Remember, bisexuality isn't a club, with strict membership rules. :icon_wink Keep yourself open to experiences and relationships that you think you're comfortable with and will make you happy. :slight_smile: