1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyeing My Hair Blue

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, Sep 19, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have wanted to dye my hair blue for awhile. My mom was never crazy about the idea but now she is just starting to get mean. She said it would be very unattractive, unnatural, weird, blah blah blah. She said theres no way she's going to help me or anything, which is fine, I never expected her to pay for it I understand that. She just hurt my feelings. She says she hates unnatural things which is ironic because she dyes her hair. She thinks its different because hers is still a "natural" color. I am going to dye it because I want to, but now I almost feel guilty about it and I hate it.

2. heyKittie

If you really want to dye it, Then I say go for it! I got purple and blue highlights in my hair this past summer. As for your mom, I think she's kind of hypocritical for saying that. You're both dying your hair colors other than you natural ones, why does it matter what color it is being dyed? Shell just have to get used to it. You know, Blue is the warmest color :wink:

3. Ladyhawk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do it! My hair has been every colour of the rainbow. My dad was concerned when I first started colouring my hair (I was 15), but my mom reminded him that there were worse ways for me to express myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go for it! If your mom is freaking out then tell her it's JUST hair. There are worse things you could do.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hair is hair. Go for it!

6. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thanks guys! I'm going to dye it with my friend whenever we both have the money to do it.

7. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    When my hair is to the length I want it and I get sick of the color, I'm dyeing it blue. It's my favorite color and I've always wanted to dye my hair something wicked like that. Do you, boo ;D

8. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    I say go for it, just keep in mind the type of dye you use. I once dyed my hair blue and I have dark brown almost black hair and it ended up all over my pillows that same night. I made sure hair was dry and everything before I went to bed. So just make sure it's something that will take hold!

I can't remember the name of the product I used, It may not even be around anymore as this was like 5-7 years ago. Though I think it may have been splat, not 100% sure though. Wish you best of luck with it!