1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Kim Davis now tampering with marriage documents

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Sep 19, 2015.

1. 741852963

Kentucky deputy clerk casts doubt on validity of Kim Davis's marriage forms | US news | The Guardian

More drama from everyone's favourite parody of a human being.

Sounds like she is deliberately trying to invalidate marriage licences for same sex marriages. Even if she is simply trying to innocently remove her authority from the documents because she might catch "the gay" by proxy, her tampering would be putting the licences at jeopardy of being invalid.

Taxi to the prison for Mrs Davis! I'll pay the fare!

#1 741852963, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. RainDreamer

Is this enough evidence to send her back to prison yet? Is this interference enough yet?

If the state can just confirm the new form works either way, then whatever, keep on marrying without care for her.

3. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly this saddens me but doesn't surprise me

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like someone is going back to jail.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really, really hope so. This woman needs to do one of two things: Either do her damn job, or resign. But she lives in a rural county where she'll never, ever find another 80K a year job which is why she won't resign. So that leaves... doing her damn job. Sometimes adults to have difficult moral choices. She wants her cushy job AND to not have to make a difficult moral choice.

Sorry, bitch, it doesn't work that way. Or at least, it shoudn't... but then again, this is Kentucky.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, she obviously didn't learn her lesson in that extremely miniscule jail sentence. Somebody needs to go back to her time out corner so she can grow up and let the adults do their jobs.

7. XxSunXDragonxX

8. DoriaN

Luke 12:54-59
    "And He was also saying to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming,’ and so it turns out. “And when you see a south wind blowing, you say, ‘It will be a hot day,’ and it turns out that way. “You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time?

“And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right? “For while you are going with your opponent to appear before the magistrate, on your way there make an effort to settle with him, so that he may not drag you before the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. “I say to you, you will not get out of there until you have paid the very last cent.”

9. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whyyyy she got to be like that. :frowning2: She seems to be so angry. People are just asking her to do your job. She keeps trying to make this bigger than it needs to be. It doesn't even need to be a thing.

But she thinks she like so important or something and I think having some people back her up makes her keep up with these antics.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can someone please lock her fucking ass up and throw away the key?

11. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She really just needs to let it go (and go back to jail).

12. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a different take on this - the more she is in the news, for her protracted yet futile attempts to be religious, the more everyone sees the stupidity in her and the rest of the religious rights position. Plus, its really good fodder and distraction from other day to day real world stresses.

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's already found a new job. Some Christian publishing company has offered her a book deal, with the book set to be released right around Christmas.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As a Kentuckian, I feel obligated to say something:

Eastern Kentucky, which is where her county is, is almost like a different state. In fact, it feels more like an extension of West Virginia. While Kentucky isn't leading the region, let alone the world, in progressiveness, if we exclude the eastern area, we'd go up by quite a bit. Of course this doesn't excuse what is going on, but it is important to note when observing or speaking out on this topic.

To save you all a boring history lesson, here's the gist:

Western Kentucky (which is what I'm a part of) tends to be more ignorant than idiotic, because we embrace tradition. Eastern Kentucky (where Kim Davis is a part of) tends to be more idiotic than ignorant, because they embrace righteousness. A idiosyncratic perversion of righteousness nonetheless, but to them, still righteousness that makes them special. See, as backwards as the West can be (we do have an Imperial Klan HQ), we don't push backwards, we just want to stay where we are -- which has unfortunate implications. The East likes to act as our morality, and even we crack jokes about them and dislike their antics, but they perceive it as being right, as they love to quote Bible verses about being persecuted and mocked as proof they're right, which goes back to that whole embracing righteousness.

What we, the West, learned in dealing with the East is this. You have to be clever when addressing or suggesting to them, because the moment they sense you're trying to change them, they cling to their Bibles and guns. Basically, you can force individuals like Kim Davis to do their job, but it's only solving what is affected and not the problem itself. Kind of like putting a band-aid on a cut foot, but leaving the broken glass on the sidewalk.

You only have to look at the support she is getting, and from the likes of Mike Huckabee at that. We could say there is a silent support, too, those who don't speak up out of concern for being perceived intolerant or hateful. Kentucky has a lot of that, but the interesting thing is, the vast majority of them, if something comes to pass, they'll bitch and complain but go along with it. This 'whining apathy' majority is interesting, but can be useful if you deal with it appropriately.

This is why, despite our typically-dependable-vote for Republicans nationally, we've been swayed to vote Democratic (ala Bill Clinton) Presidents. But more interestingly, despite having Mitch McConnell, a Republican, representing us in the Senate as Majority Leader, locally, Kentucky has a lot of Democratic representatives. Individually, we'd be Democrats, but together we're Republicans... and that's the best way I can explain Kentucky; a clusterfuck of confusion.

#14 Kaiser, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  15. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there is a mistake in the last paragraph of the article.

"Kentucky’s Democratic governor and attorney general have both said the licenses are valid and will be recognized by the state. Bunning, the federal judge, has said he does not know if the licenses are valid and it was up to the couples to take that chance."

I've seen this exact wording when she was in jail. I think what the governor, judge, and AG are referring to is the original form, merely signed by the deputy clerk instead of Kim Davis herself. According to someone I know who is licensed to practice law in Kentucky, that is legal. This new altered form does raise some issues. Not having her name printed on the form might not be an issue, but not having the county name, and particularly not allowing the format to be signed by anyone at all is a potential problem. There are times and circumstances when initials of a government official are acceptable on legal forms, but usually as an addition to a signature, not in place of it. (even though some peoples signatures are harder to read than some initials)

I think the bottom line is that she's sitting in her office by herself thinking that no one is paying attention to her anymore, that she is irrelevant, and wants her 15 minutes of fame back.

16. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^^ Man this comment made me hungry for kfc

17. TheSeeker

Did you guys hear she got a book deal with a Christian publisher to write about her "struggle"?

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow ok this is interesting so it turns out Kim Davis is a democrat! Definetly not a liberal one though.

19. 741852963

Just seen an interview done by her. She is clearly mentally unstable.

What struck me was on one hand she speaks of how important the marriage documents were, and how it would be "against God" to sign them for gay people.

And then she goes on to state:

"I feel really sad that someone could be so unhappy with themselves as a person that they did not feel dignified as a human being until they got a piece of paper. There is just more to life than that"

So on one hand her marriage licences are clearly some holy artefacts that cannot be tainted....and then she refers to them as just "a piece of paper" as though they were scrap.

20. Oh Lilac

Exactly. What a circus. It almost became a caricature when she was out there with Huckabee and "Eye of the Tiger" was playing. Lol.

I do think she needs to go straight to jail and be fired without pay from her job... Retroactively.