1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any lonely computer science majors here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Celatus, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm a computer science major at a nice liberal arts college and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's an interesting and engaging major, except for the obligatory and somewhat frustrating math classes. Is anyone else here a compsci major as well?
    I've been making lots of nice new friends at college, but it's difficult to find other gay guys to talk to. I find myself interested in a relationship, but I'm unsure where to find a sweet guy who isn't like super flamboyant or hyper masculine. It's kinda rough being a nerdy looking gay guy :/ I do get along with quite a lot of people though, so it's alright. I just want a meaningful relationship though. I'm also really hesitant to come out to some guys I'm friends with because they would treat me differently. I find myself just wanting a boyfriend sometimes. But honestly I really only came out around a year ago, so I don't know where to start. There are lots of cute guys around, but I don't really feel or look good enough to just approach other guys like that. Plus it could freak them out if they're straight or conservative. I'm avoiding the lgbt group thing at my college because I don't really want to be lumped into that crowd and I don't know what to expect. Anyway, I find that it's kinda lonely being gay even at college. Any tips here to make a gay friend with potential *ahem* benefits?

2. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    if thats you in your profile pic then I think you DO look good enough, but even if no, Ive seen the fugliest guys together every now and then, so if they can do it so can you

Try making some girl friends or asking ones you know if there are available guys for you. i heard its sometimes easier for guys to talk to girls about this. And if youre talking to guys and they ask if you have a gf say you're not into girls. things like that. you don't have to come out to everyone, at least start with being a little open so you break out of your bubble.

i suggest you dont avoid it, you never know if it'll come out to something good! Besides you can always leave if its awful. i always regretted not going to lgbt club in high school, so I dont want that to happen to you. just go one day and see what happens!!:thumbsup:

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw thanks that's good advice :slight_smile:
    And that IS my face haha it's just a matter of being scrawny and my generally low self esteem that makes me uncomfortable sometimes.
    And I have come out to some people, and they've been cool with it so that's good. I'll see if there are any events/meetings at my college.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finished a few years ago, so no... But I'm a lonely computer security researcher. :frowning2:

5. Jared

I was a computer science major, just graduated a few months ago, now I'm a sorta lonely software engineer for a video game company. I don't think you'll have any trouble attracting guys based on your looks. Just try to fake confidence until it becomes real, it's hard at first, but it helps.