1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to wear to college?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hero1995, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Hero1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I will be new to college and want to go and look as smart/cool as possible to create a good impression, I was thinking of getting some nice poloshirts and sweatshirts and wearing nice jeans with this, do you lot think this will look ok and any other suggestions ?

2. Sky82

Poloshirts, jeans and sweatshirts always look nice :slight_smile: Good thing about college is there are so many different styles, so best thing to do is wear what you feel comfortable in.

3. Eye Shine

I say wear what you want! The fact of the matter is you should always wear what you want as long as their isn't a designated dress code. More so in college though because no cares about that kind of thing. They are busy stressing about classes, job, possibly rent, what major they want, what they want to do with themselves. The majority of people in college have something on their mind and that makes trivial matters such as this a high school. If wearing polo shirts, sweatshirts, and/or jeans is what you want to do go for it. Also I've seen a wide variety of different things people wear to college so I don't really think it matters. Just have, fun, find yourself, and enjoy life. Remember this is the time to find yourself in so many ways whether it be you major, your passion, your connections, your hobbies, or your orientation. Live it up! It's your time and don't stress the small things.

4. AlamoCity

Wear whatever you find comfortable that won't make you stand out too much (there was a guy in my college who would always go barefoot :lol: ).

Personally, I would mostly wear polo shirts and khaki shorts (and sometimes jeans, cowboy boots, and button-downs). Geography and climate also play a role.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You should wear what is comfortable to you, because it's what you'll have on throughout the day. If you like a certain color, wear it. You should be focusing on your classes, your peers, not why these jeans are scratching your skin or this shirt is too tight.

Here's the thing... attitude is the most important accessory. Because when I encounter folks who dress nice but have a lack of personality or an unappealing one, it doesn't leave a good impression on me. However, when I encounter somebody who wears whatever they want and has personality, they're "cool" to me.

Then again, I'm weird...

6. Jellal

Go shirtless, but wear a jacket. Always wear shorts, NEVER pants. Wear goggles constantly around your neck but never actually put them on your eyes. Call people older than you "bro," and remember to blush whenever you make the slightest contact with human skin other than your own. For bonus points, make sure to bring a gerbil with you

You're ready for the college life

7. Gen

Gen

People don't care about fashion in college. Most of us are just trying to survive.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen everything from PJs to suits to cosplay. Polo shirts and nice jeans sound fine.

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Smart" :grin:.....

General rules are:
    "Whatever the **** you want." Welcome to college XD.

#9 Browncoat, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  10. GarbageKnight

Honestly people could wear anything on the campus I went to and I pretty much wouldn't bat an eyelash. Honestly I always blended into the college scene best with a backpack and a cup of coffee in my hand, whether I was in my PJs or the fanciest clothes I owned.

Wear whatever you like!